What's new

Feeling Hungry??

aarongbuk

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
Location
UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been asked to do some shots for a Chinese restaurant. this is the first time ive tried something like this. I shot them under the ceiling halogens, and using a tripod and shutter release cable. I underexposed by 2 as the white bowls are against a white background.
I edited the levels and curves to correct the exposure after removing the background in PS. Also used sponge tool on the black and white areas to remove the natural blue from the daylight coming fro the window. Then good old unsharp mask.

Thoughts welcome :-)

chinese.jpg
 
I like this. especially for menu/advertising, which is what I'm guessing you're going for. The shadows on the (non-existant) background are a little bothersome to me, and you might try turning the bowl with the red sauce so as to minimize the stuff on the side (perhaps pour the sauce into the bowl after the the plate and bowl are positioned)
 
What camera did you shoot with and what metering did you use? I assume it was digital? Pretty good job overall but I think you have lost too much shadow detail (although it could be my viewing conditions at work) and the white surround needs tidying up a bit.
 
Yeah, completely agree about the bowls. However its for a menu and they will be fairly small. The shadows on the outside actually help on the page, otherwise they look a bit lost.. but the client likes it so im happy.
I was using a Canon EOS350 D on A mode probably f5.6 or higher (as in higher number fstop). Metered... um... really cant remember!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom