zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend owns a local airsoft company and I help him out with some of the images and graphics.

He brought me a new gun he wanted to shoot and make into a banner for his business Facebook page.

We shot the image against a lighter background since it would be a lot easier to remove in post. Had this not been Jan 1 and us all hungover I may have realized that I should have used a light with a soft box as a background so there would have been no need for the removal. Live learn and sober up. lol

This image has already had blemish removal of dust particles etc. but no real work towards the banner.

ronin copy.jpg

Once the image had the spots removed it was time to turn the background white. To do this I uses the background eraser tool.
Because of the backdrop being under the magazine it obscured the bottom of the mag. A little clone stamp and heal later and the mag base was replaced.
All that was left to do now was rotate the image and place it on the banner with the other elements provided by the client.

ronin-1 small.png

I do projects like this free for him so I can continue to learn things I wouldn't normally do in wildlife.

@DaPOPO I try to stay up on the updates, and have used the select and mask for some time. Apparently I missed the latest feature updates like the subject mask, and the decontamination slider. These are some powerful additions. The nice thing about select and mask over the eraser tool is that the AI feature does most of the edge selection for you and is nondestructive. On something with a really hard edge the eraser tool might be slightly faster, but on irregular edges or like the example one with hair, the select and mask really shines. Also color decontamination along the edge is impossible with the eraser tool. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Looks very good, Here is a much easier way to do it using Photoshop cc 2019.

Background eraser was much easier than this. Shooting properly in camera is the easiest.

In camera is always best, just another tool for your toolbox, keep going your work looks great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back