fees

Hi Bism,
I suppose that you're keeping the rights to the images if possible?
It sounds as though you did a great job so they could be an ongoing revenue source,...what the movie people call "residuals".
I'd also like to comment on the superb help that Motcon seems to have supplied,...we definitely have a great bunch of people on this forum (not counting your friendly local smart a*s, me!).
Good going guys and welcome aboard!

I dont know if its THIS much of a christmas....Your saying if they want to run the ad again they pay relevant costs again? :shock: .....That sounds great for me but rather "non-great" for them.

With all this green flying around you'd think I was a photo wizard. 8) The photos features no photographic heroics, and it seems "iffy" to go from favor to like 5K. But I already submitted the quote, Ill let you know how it all turns out (I am a bit curious myself)

I did not mention to them about rights to the image so I guess I could argue that it was assumed. I never planned on them owning the image as so I couldnt use it myself, but then again that was never expressed vocaly or otherwise....

Anyway, thanks for all the great help, I would like to post some images some time to see what you all think. But I think Ill wait until I have something more "on topic"

Thanks again.

As I understand it, if they or someone else uses the pics or whatever again they don't pay the full whack but some % and just what that is I've no idea!

My 2 cents are
only give the rights for what they are going to use the pics for when you are talking, keep dates and number of copys in mind, be very to the point. you might let them use the pics in a add on paper but not the net or other forms of advertisment....( after a 6 pack i don't spell so good..lol) Grats on your great photos you should send us some copys for us look at and if you can let me know what you get for your pics if you like i know it is a bit much to ask.

My calculations are on target with motcon's....however I'd pay the crew $150-200 day each depending on their experience. Also I didn't see the rental car costs in there.

Lastly, never assume you are on the same page when talking about rights. If they decide to run more, then charge the the additional (.10/use) motcon quoted.

Thanks again, the "higher-ups" on their end are thinking things over. Ill let you know how it all turns out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back