Female Cardinal

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying and trying to get a shot of her, unlike her counterpart who loves to strut his stuff, she is very skittish and any motion will send her deep into the tree.

Well today we didn't have light for long, but she found it reflecting off the snow for me!

Thanks for taking a look :)
C&C always welcome

Female Cardinal in the Shade by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Nice.

A little underexposed? or just a bit too dark.

I actually like the fact it's a but underexposed/dark. I looks like a really pretty Christmas postcard. Looks more like a work of art rather than a typical bird shot!

It is not underexposed.. it is a very contrasty exposure! There is a difference! :) I would even say it is very well exposed, considering the lighting!

Last edited:
And looking at this again, with my laptop ALL the way open, it looks even better. :oops:

Thanks for checking her out you guys :)

Framing is good, light is good, exposure is good. Nice angle. Your focus is pretty sharp. If I were to pick a nit, I'd say maybe use a little less DOF, but that's "monday morning quarterbacking", and the fact is that you did a great capture.

Lol good Monday morning pgriz *hands you a coffee*
Thanks!

For the type of light you were shooting in it is not underexposed,in fact the light shinning on the cardinal is perfect. Beautifully clear and your right it's the perfect Christmas card. I wouldn't change a thing. Well done.

Thanks Alberta :)

The shot makes me feel Christmas-y(my favorite holiday/season) - so, right off that bat it's a good shot for me.

I like the exposure, and the focus seems pretty good as well.

My monitor is *not* calibrated, but the white balance seems a little off, a bit of a yellow-ish tint, maybe? (take it with a grain of salt)

Nice picture.

Hey Dwight, thanks :)
The colour in this one seems to be causing a stir.
The best I can say is that it looks true to how I see her when she is in the tree like that, she really takes on the green from the Cedar.

Thanks Milady :)

Most reactions

Back