Female Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly - C&C welcome

arcooke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this little critter outside today. She was nice enough to let me photograph her. The picture could be clearer, but I zoomed in full (18x) from about 4 feet away to get this.

This is one of my better macro shots. If you'd like to critique it, feel free. :greenpbl:

2851754484_10f42dc963_b.jpg

Last edited:
The image doesn't work for me, it isn't showing up. :(

That's odd. Are you at work? I had the image uploaded on petaimg.com, maybe your work blocks that website.

Anyhow, I linked it from flickr instead. Hopefully that helps.

I adjust the levels just a tiny bit because the wood looked a bit washed out. Here is a before and after:

333lqo0.png

I couldn't crop it any tighter without having too much grain.

Yeah.. it really caught my attention. To be honest, at first I thought it was a weed sprouting up in my landscaping.. so I went down to go pull it and it moved lol.

Made me jump at first.. but when I realized what it was, I grabbed my camera. I've never seen one of these before.

After researching it, I found out the females are bright green and the males are bright blue. Gotta love nature.

Very impressive shot!
Dargons are a real pain to shoot at as they are so flighty so getting them is never easy

Great depth of field! I like the little bit of blur in the foreground. I agree with the cropping suggestions, though I understand you don't want to add more noise. Great color and detail. We only have boring brown dragon flies here, or so it seems.

Most reactions

Back