TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Thank you very much for your opinions and advices
smiley.gif

cqn9x.jpg

To me, an odd pose. She has her arms up with her hands behind her head which typically means relaxation, or something casual, however the continuity is missing on the lower half of the pose. Her legs look square and somewhat off stance from what her arms are doing.

I would also clone out the crack or missing chunk from the backdrop on the upper left. I do like the processing.

The pose does look awkward. Her expression is... bland...

Aside from that, the tonal range is kinda... flat. It's very middle gray.

Quick touch with curves.

Portrait-Edit.jpg

The blacks are all plugged up...excessively dark. The pose makes her look "hippy", or thick at the waist and hips.

The blacks are all plugged up...excessively dark. The pose makes her look "hippy", or thick at the waist and hips.

I'm currently on my NetBook which is crap for attempting to edit photos and I couldn't tell if the blacks were blocked up or not. The histogram showed a huge spike just short of total black with very little touching the far left. There was absolutely nothing touching the far right. My quick hit with curves was all I could manage on this little computer and I was going almost entirely by the histogram.

I agree with you on the pose making the subject look a little "hippy", but I actually don't mind that as I feel that is attractive in women. The camera perspective being lower and shooting upward contributes to the "hippy"-ness, too.

I'm more concerned with the lack of expression in the face and the awkwardness/pointlessness of the arms.

Yeah, netbooks and notebooks are so,so,so difficult to work on!!! I know the feeling...you adjust some images, and then view them on a good,big monitor, and it's like WTH???!!!

I agree about the pose and expression--neither seem to be what is called "authentic"...it's hard to pin down, but the pose and the expression just feel in-authentic...

Most reactions

Back