Fence Chain Sunrise CC

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work for a grad student on a dairy farm... I've never brought my camera before but I've often thought it was a shame because there are so many pretty sunrises. Yesterday, I did, but I got cow slobber on the lens and my case smells like cows. :roll: Later I'd like to post some cow pictures, but there are WAY too many... I dont know if I should just post a few for CC or a whole bunch as a general pic thread. Anway, just thought I'd forewarn you... :lol:

So these are all a chain on a fence, and the fence from further back. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me your thoughts on them!

4564027334_f001cee108_b.jpg

4564027240_136761bcd7_b.jpg

4564027144_c5b1ff4c1f_b.jpg

4564025366_d127413a7a_b.jpg

Abby
It is hard for me to figure out what I do not like about the first three. I like silohuettes, but something in these is not working. Of those 3, I like the first one more.

I understand the gate/chain concept...the last shot is kind of good, the truck and building to the right side sort of distract from the tree. Also the bird should be cloned out.
I like the puddle reflection, especially since it does not capture the whole tree.

Could it be the crookedness? I'm sort of waiting for someone to mention that... I have cropped ones of those but they are square. I like rectangles, so I posted these.

I am guessing 3+4 are the same shot? Just darkened in PP? Unless that bird is on autopilot and flying the same course!

To my mind, the crookedness isn't what's making these so hard to describe.
I'm with Pierre, they don't appeal to me much, and I can't really put my finger on the "Why"?
You can't call them "busy" as such, as there are only so few elements in them (first two, that is), it's just the chain, the side, and the other gate (or fence?) in the background. And those elements are silhouetted only, too. Yet, to me they FEEL busy, all the same.

What did you do between photos 3 and 4?
In a way, I quite like to see some context, I must admit. That's why I like to look at 4. Helps me understand some of what's going on in the other pics.

Thanks everyone! :)

No, the bird was frozen there. ;)

Yeah, they are the same. Here is the original... in the darker one I increased the blacks, but then I wanted to see if I could recover some of the highlights. I opened the original again and moved the slider for "fill light" and lighter exposure. There were more details there than I thought.

DSC00966.jpg

Most reactions

Back