What's new

Ferry

squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
908
Reaction score
437
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can't get enough of these.

 
did you lay a sky as texture/ It's kinda cool but the 'ferry' is too well defined.
 
Too much with the sky? The whole thing has been hanging out in GIMP for a while.
You are right on the ferry. Thanks for pointing that out! Let me know if this works better or if it still needs softening.
 
now if they were really smart, they would have jacked up the golfcart, connected the line to the axle and gunned it lol

on a more serious note - great photograph - although it kind of looks like you are shooting through some glass (it might just be atmospheric conditions and/or the way the light is reflecting off the water)
The lack of a defined horizon helps create a sense of isolation

And now I have just realised that this might be a model?, or maybe... hmmm

See above comment about being a great photograph
 
I lke this new series of shots you've been showing. Keep at it!! They make me want to see more!!
 
now if they were really smart, they would have jacked up the golfcart, connected the line to the axle and gunned it lol

on a more serious note - great photograph - although it kind of looks like you are shooting through some glass (it might just be atmospheric conditions and/or the way the light is reflecting off the water)
The lack of a defined horizon helps create a sense of isolation

And now I have just realised that this might be a model?, or maybe... hmmm

See above comment about being a great photograph


I love it. After I saw you post today, I ran across these guys on 500px and oh my gosh I enjoy their stuff. 500px / gulliver_s_eye_and_miniWorldProject / Photos
 
OMG is that Charon on the famous river Styx ?

Oh these poor souls :(
 
One of the best images i have seen in recent times....i am least bothered about any rule.... i would call this Riders in the Eternity
Regards
​:D
 
pretty cool, I like how there is no obvious spot where the sea ends and the sky starts.

In the left corners there are some funny spots, possibly from where you rotated the image?
 
OMG is that Charon on the famous river Styx ?

Oh these poor souls :(

:thumbup:This may be where the expression "Going to heck in a golfcart" came from. You mean that isn't an expression?

One of the best images i have seen in recent times....i am least bothered about any rule.... i would call this Riders in the Eternity
Regards
​:D

Oooo! Your title makes it better than mine. Thanks!!


pretty cool, I like how there is no obvious spot where the sea ends and the sky starts.

In the left corners there are some funny spots, possibly from where you rotated the image?

Drat! Foiled again by arbitrary rotation!

Thanks so much you guys!:hug::
 
I played with this one more time based on this comment from amolitor.
These are cute, but I find the compositing somewhat jarring. Have you considered how to make the inserted images more ethereal, or fantastical? I'd consider muting colors, blurring/softening, placing them in the frame translucent, and maybe deliberately askew, like ghosts or dreams lost in the wrong dreamscape, or something.
That's just me, obviously, but perhaps my idea will spark an idea you like.


And this is what I got. I kind of like this one, but I'm not sure if I'm as happy with these as with the earlier versions. Maybe I like jarring? It is possible that browsing "You are not a photographer" has had the wrong effect on me. I'm reminded of a Dolly Parton quote:
I patterned myself after this woman that was the town tramp back home. She had blond hair and high heels and red fingernails and lips, and to me she was like what movie stars were to other kids. We'd see her, and I'd say, "Oh, look, she's got plastic goldfish in her heels!" and my mama would say, "She ain't nothin' but trash, nothin' but trash," and I thought, "Ooh, that's what I'm gonna be when I grow up — trash!"


​
Anyway... I thought I'd post it up and see what happens.

Number 3



On a side note, I'd kill for shoes with plastic goldfish.
 
Dolly Parton....bump(s)!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom