few car shots. C&C if you like

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The third would look awesome if you cloned out the telephone lines.

You dont need 2 flashes. Just have to do a long shutter, put the flash un your hand and shoot it at different angles shot manually using the test button. As far as the subject goes, wth? Why would you spend that much money on a sunfire?

i didnt think of that schwetty. thanks for the tip.

as for the sunfire. it was just sorta a snowball effect. but at the same time its nice going to a show and winning a best of or best of show award with a sunfire and seeing people with way more expensive cars get beat by a cheap econemy car.

That stance isn't static right?
meaning, coilovers?

I assume it's bagged.

I don't like the pictures too much
But the 4th one I like most.
I wish there was a tad bit more light in the front end.
I think it could have used a couple different shots to complete the set.

One of the back end, to show off the rest of the aerokit, and exhaust, and anything else.
And maybe one up close showing the wheel/fender gap, and maybe the tire brand in that same shot.

yeah its bagged. i have other shots with different angles and more close up shots. but these were the couple that i just happened to like.

if i would have had another flash i could have lit the front and back end up properly. but only had one flash and reached its limitations. unless i did what schwetty suggested and gone with a long exposure and moved the flash around. but didnt think about it at the time. and with a long exposure i would have likely had to wait around another half hour or so for it to be dark enough to do that

I like the idea of taking #1 in front of the old buildings; however there's something about the shadows that don't look right. Perhaps a similar shot on an overcast day. The shadow of the awning on the building throws things out of balance and you can't see the front of the car.

yeah, i had went there intending to shoot it on the other side of the street on this other building. but upon seeing this building i really liked the look of it. bad thing was it was a bad time of day so the rear end of the car was really blown out by the sun. i do plan on going back there when the lighting conditions are allot better then what they were. at the time it was like 5 which is a poor time to shoot the thing anyway. but i was more or less just killing some time waiting on the sun to lower. probalby should have put it on the other side and shot the other building. would have been a little less interesting background but a cleaner and better shot instead of here with the interesting background but the poor results.

here is another take and processing i tried to work around the harshness of the light. some have really liked it and thought it the best of the bunch, but i don't know. i feel it is more me trying to save a trash bin pic.

sunfireoct2011_9 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back