What's new

few for C&C :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
15
Location
Elkton, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some shots I got today at the park and zoo with my kids :) WDYT?

The Silenced Woman: I can see in this shot that I seem to have lost some detail in the stone. Any suggestions on how to not lose detail? I did play with the contrast, midtone contrast, brightness, and shadows in PP but none of them really did anything except for darken shadows... I think the detail was lost in the original unedited. I will post it if anyone wants to see it.
4516373108_ac8bf3770d_b.jpg

1/160, f/10, 300mm, ISO800

The Dying Tiger
4516370906_37b4204a3b_b.jpg

1/60, f/5.6, 300mm, ISO800
*This tiger isn't really dying in this picture, but she is 19 years old. I was told by a zoo keeper that tigers only live 18-20 years in captivity. That is why I named this picture the dying tiger. I did add a lighting effect filter in PSE8 and that is how I got the lighting look I have :)

No name:
4516370174_a56a9d3bd8_b.jpg

1/1000, f/11, 300mm, ISO800
I believe I had the macro setting on the lens on for this shot.

The Bridge
4515734291_387c14ddda_b.jpg

1/640, f/10, 263mm, ISO800
This was my attempt at abstract.. or something along those lines (no pun intended)... :)
 
Last edited:
water mark is a bit distracting, but nice photos
 
very nice photos... i like the tiger
 
I like the last one. The pattern break is nice, I just wish it wasn't in the center of the frame. Maybe level it out a bit too, seem to be leaning left. Works well in B&W.

Nice group overall.




p!nK
 
I actually tried to crop it a little to the left of center...

Maybe I'll try recropping :)

The color didn't add anything to the photo - and from what I have learned, the best time to do B&W is when the color doesn't make a difference :)
 
WM is unnecessary. No ones gonna steal these. And later in your time period shooting photos your gonna look back on these and think "why the heck would i even want people to know i took those"
 
Lovin' #3, the flower. Nice job Sarah. You nailed the focus, and it's composed well.

You know I love abstracts, so I can get behind #4. It' could use some cropping off the left and bottom though, IMO.

Watermarks are distracting.
I hate to agree with JimmyO :-P, but he's right. You'll look back and say ick...
Right now, you are really progressing nicely though, and you should be proud.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom