Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Jones Beach NY air show.
p423576152-4.jpg

p865469566-4.jpg

p1051395583-4.jpg

Nice, I like to take pics of planes sometimes if they happen to fly overhead when I'm at an event, but usually have the wrong lens on for close ups like this
doh.gif

I like how you can see the air movement over the wing on the third one :)

The F/A 18 was putting on a great show and I have more photos with more contrails but the haze and some clouds were moving in and it just ruined the shots. You really have to be lucky with the weather or just shoot alot of airshows to get good skies durring a show..

What kind of lens were you using? I was at an air show this weekend and my 200mm was not even remotely close to long enough even went then were pretty close and low.

I like P51's and A10's but F18's I find rather dull

nice shots

What kind of lens were you using? I was at an air show this weekend and my 200mm was not even remotely close to long enough even went then were pretty close and low.

The 70 - 200mm 2.8 Nikon hand held. I had to crop in alot on only the best shots and they were the ones where the jets came close. This lens is a great lens but not a airshow lens lol.. Was it the AC airshow you went to?

No actually it was the Ocean City, MD show just this past weekend. It was supposed to be 2 days but ended up just Sunday because of the weather. I have been meaning to work on some of my better pictures and post them. I was using the cheap 55-200 5.6 so I don't know how much detail I will have for cropping like you did.

Ohh I just seen Newark and was thinking NJ lol..That 55-200 is a great lens for the money and can get some good shots.

I don't really care for where I live but it sure beats the hell out of the other Newark. I got the 55-200 for $100 so it was worth it but I still need something better.

Most reactions

Back