Few of my first shots

I love these. :) I wish there was something as important to history as this near me...

Being a fan of black and white... I did a quick edit....

In Gimp I selected Auto White Balance, then converted to Grayscale and then I bumped the Sharpness a bit. ...

Again... I love these photos. Good Job.

5005679823_bb27b2ccff_z.jpg

I think there is too much sky in the first one. I would crop some of it out. I love the second one the way it is. I like the edit of the second one as well. Good job! I also wish I lived closer to scenes like this.

At first I was thinking there might be too much sky in the first shot as well but when I noticed you could see the sun I decided I liked it, considering its such an integral part of that structures purpose.

The second one looks great too but I really like how bus_riders B/W edit came out, it makes the image even more striking.

@Foxwolfe, exactly! I'm a newbie but I think the first pic is perfect as it is. It's actually breathtaking. What's to crop there? The sun?

Going with the structure's purpose idea, it would be neat to get a shot of the sun rising or setting through the stones.

Nice shots. They are tad too dark for my tastes. Maybe a bit longer of a shutter? And I would clone out the people on the right hand side of the first one. But still, well done.

I didnt even notice the people....so much for my attention to detail.

I like the drama you've brought to these. You've got some halos around the stones of the second photo though, either too much local contrast, or not careful enough in your selective adjustments.

Dark, but still nicely done!

Thanks, glad you all like them :D

I like the drama you've brought to these. You've got some halos around the stones of the second photo though, either too much local contrast, or not careful enough in your selective adjustments.

That's down to post process, too much contrast increase when processing the RAW. I know it's there but I still like the outcome of it so I didn't mind :lol:

Thanks again for comments, greatly appreciated and really glad you like them.

I like these , if anything i would have to agree with the first image having a little excess sky. Perhaps if it were shot in landscape orientation mode. The b&w is pretty sweet also. #2 might be a tad underexposed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back