What's new

Few portraits

AmericanJesus

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Location
Kent, WA, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Feedback is appreciated!

ShaeandTony.jpg


LeNiece.jpg


Lisa-2.jpg


MyLisa.jpg


Break.jpg


columbus.jpg
 
1. 3. 5 are good. Two would be better if the heads did not overlap. on 4 the strand of hair is too distracting, 6 is just boring to me. Otherwise good exposure but nees a boost of contrast.
Judge Sharpe
 
Not bad, and a far sight better than I would do. I would like to have seen more light on the 5th image (man with the print shirt). I like the last image, almost looks like it could be an album cover.
 
Oh my, these are beautiful!!
reminds me of the 70's pictures...
 
I have thoughts on the close-up on the girl's face, which I all in all like because her gaze is so intense.
Now my question to you is: you must have noticed that strand of hair, and you and she together either decided to place it there on purpose, or you - as the photographer - decided not to ask her to brush it away with her hand before you took the photo. Why?

Maybe, if we could see where it come from (we know, of course, but if the crop weren't so close), it would make somewhat more "sense". But now? Her gaze is still very intense, and her face is very pretty, and the "fill-the-frame-style" is appreciated, but that strand of hair...?
 
I have thoughts on the close-up on the girl's face, which I all in all like because her gaze is so intense.
Now my question to you is: you must have noticed that strand of hair, and you and she together either decided to place it there on purpose, or you - as the photographer - decided not to ask her to brush it away with her hand before you took the photo. Why?

Maybe, if we could see where it come from (we know, of course, but if the crop weren't so close), it would make somewhat more "sense". But now? Her gaze is still very intense, and her face is very pretty, and the "fill-the-frame-style" is appreciated, but that strand of hair...?

I dont like to ask whom i shoot to adjust whats going on naturally. To have her moved the hair wouldla betrayed that. AND its cropped so tightly because its not croppped! was shot with a fixed 105mm lens.

Thank you very much for the feedbacks!
 
just like the first one. i find the others to be "normal" pictures.
 
I realize it's probably totally not your style but I just had to play around with it, I loved it so much. Beautiful capture, hope you don't mind:

MyLisa.jpg
 
I hope you don't mind, I tried my hand at an edit as well. This is a great image! I thought it would speak a little louder if the eye was lead with light. I added some dark in the sky and upper left of the image and added some light in varying degrees on the subjects. I also painted in sharpening on the gal and a touch on all the other faces. I used Kubota Actions "Digital fill Flash", "Smokeless Burn", and "Amazing detail finder". Oh and I almost forgot, I also changed it to a warmer B&W with "Hot Fudge" all these Actions are on ArtV2

I really like this image!

columbus.jpg



Amber
Kubota Image Tools team
 
Amazing edits to both of you!

What software are you using Amberlark

And Pargo, a little description of what ya did?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom