Few shots of my first wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I just wasted time that I'll never get back looking at this garbage. Why do people seem to think it's easy simply because they spent $400 on a camera. It's usually a bad sign when the Op says don't hurt my feelings, be kind, be nice, it's my first time, well the first time usually ends up hurting someone.

meh... Everyone shoots bad photos when they begin photography. Study, learn, practice, get advice, study and practice more, and improve. Besides, I've read that wedding photography is one of the most challenging professions because it requires very high technical skills, a fair amount of very expensive equipment, as well as superior "people" skills and uncommon business savvy.

Keep at it. I hope you stick around.

meh... Everyone shoots bad photos when they begin photography. Study, learn, practice, get advice, study and practice more, and improve. Besides, I've read that wedding photography is one of the most challenging professions because it requires very high technical skills, a fair amount of very expensive equipment, as well as superior "people" skills and uncommon business savvy.

Keep at it. I hope you stick around.

I expect that wedding photography being one of the most challenging professions was stated by a wedding photographer. I'd go with sports shooting as being far more challenging, as stated by a sports photographer.

I don't believe that the Op will be back, someone may be able to find a slightly used camera for sale on kijji.

I, for one, hope April comes back. I also understand her being a newbie here, and posting the pix in the 'wrong' place.

As a never-again (never was, either) wedding photographer, I made the exact same errors she did. And that was less than 3 months ago at my ex-stepdaughters wedding. My biggest error was in not understanding white balance. Number two was not paying attention to the backgrounds, being 'focused' instead on the subject, not what was going on behind them. Fortunately, I was only family, not the paid husband & wife pros that were there and did fantastic work!

But, between coming here and having to "live down" my lousy work with my ex and step daughter, I was forced to learn 3 things: white balance, watch my backgrounds, and to keep on learning! In comparing the professional results here along with great C&C, as well as the very complete set the pros put online for "the wedding", the only way to learn is to look, look, look, and try, try, try. Fortunately, most of my work gets no further than my computer screen, and what does 'go out', is printed, and not available for worldwide critique.

Rough night in Jericho last night, I see for April. Call me silly, but I'm guessing she posted into the professional gallery because she was paid for the photos. I read through the comments and am just shaking my head. I have come to the conclusion that members of TPF have limited access to the universe in a real sense and probably never leave the home town they were born in. The critique, posted as such up until 12:33am, is hardly critique at all and its painfully disgusting to read. I'd rather view April's photos than read your bullying crap.

Her photos capture smiles and joy and happiness and there is nothing that you can say or do to erase that, just as there is no way you can erase the trash that came out of your minds to your typing fingers on these pages.

See.. This is what I was talking about a while back. Why waste your time giving detailed CC (harsh or not), 99% of the time, new member that posted wedding photos like this will not come back.

ExpressionsByApril said:
first off i said and meant i was still learning. Thy paid me 500 dollars to cover my gas, time and ink and paper. for you all to tell a begginer which my bride and groom knew I was and knew I did not have a lot of experience. I spent nine hours at this event, i took 1288 pictures. I did my best, I just talked to her and she said that bridesmaid that did not smile and looked grumpy was like this the whole day as she was pissed all day. and the bride is even mad at her. 2ed u all do not have to be so harsh. i think and know in my heart these were fantastic pics for someones first wedding and who is learning. I just wanted some pointers that is why I posted on here but believe me I will not be back!!!! u all are mean and hatefull and judgemental. The backgrounds s where what they wanted the pics taken. anyway enjoy ur forum. i wont be back.

What do you drive a monster truck

Utter crap. Thanks o hey tyler for not holding back. It amazes me how people have zero ability to critique their own work. I'm reluctant to post my photos here because most of the time I know what's wrong with them.

Rough night in Jericho last night, I see for April. Call me silly, but I'm guessing she posted into the professional gallery because she was paid for the photos. I read through the comments and am just shaking my head. I have come to the conclusion that members of TPF have limited access to the universe in a real sense and probably never leave the home town they were born in. The critique, posted as such up until 12:33am, is hardly critique at all and its painfully disgusting to read. I'd rather view April's photos than read your bullying crap.

Her photos capture smiles and joy and happiness and there is nothing that you can say or do to erase that, just as there is no way you can erase the trash that came out of your minds to your typing fingers on these pages.

I would not be happy if I'd paid 500 dollars to have those pictures taken. DOn't charge for your work until you are actually good at it... Yes the pictures capture smiles, it was a wedding, you are bound to capture happy people, but they DO look like snapshots-.
Also, if the OP was so sensitive she should have browsed the forum beforehand. You can't take things personally here, and I find it a lot more useful to have people be blunt! If I want to hear nice things I'll ask my mum what she thinks of my pictures-.

xblF4.gif

-ken Turner

I thought the critiques given at the beginning were very good and not harsh or mean at all. I think reality is she came in posting pics wanting everyone to say they are great instead of actually giving a critique. the OP needs to learn to seperate herself from her work and listen to others opinions and take what she can to learn from them. she admitted she is a beginner so she should expect to have allot of criticism since um. well since she is a beginner, thats kinda how it works. those just starting out are in general going to have allot more wrong with there photos then someone who has been doing it for years. thats the way it works for the most part. nobody got mean till she whined and said she was taking her ball and going home.

Why don't you show an outstanding example of critique Georgie? At least what an example of great critique is to you? I'm guessing it would be some of that down-home Georgia coddling critique that doesn't really help the OP grow as a photographer. If you'd rather look at April's photos, then I suggest you stay in the realm of the 1st post.

She posted in the professional forum, she got responses representative of that. She got paid FAR TOO MUCH to shoot a wedding with an entry level body and a kit lens on program mode. If you want some cheese, I could pair it quite nicely with your whine.

Since it would appear that the OP has gone for good, let's allow this to slide off into Never-Never Land, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back