My favourite photos.

WackfordSqueers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a few, not many photos that I really like. I think they just landed on me, unplanned, I looked back at them and thought wow. Please take a look. I think all these were taken with a little point and click.

wales.JPG

This was the estuary that leads to Porthmadog in North Wales. I saw this hanging mist and the reflection on the water.

india 015.jpg

Walking around New Delhi at 2.00 am, I saw so much activity, such wonderful spirit, and a sense of community. Lots of families were sitting in groups outside their homes in the cool night air. The girl turned and smiled just as I took the picture. One of my favourites.

S5030413.JPG

Flying over Greenland at work. I saw flecks of white in the sea for a while until I realised they were icebergs calving off the glacier. The three glaciers combine into one that reaches the sea. Unmissable....

india 022 - Copy.jpg

My heart sank when I saw this dog in a street in India. It was so very weak, trying to eat soggy cardboard. He had no fur, was covered in mange, just skin and bone. For a split second, he looked at me hopefully. I could do nothing for him. I felt like death would have been a mercy. Terrible sight.

india 080 - Copy.jpg

This beautiful sight. Jal Mahal is a palace in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur city, I was on a coach tour, got the bus to stop. We were not warned of this op.

india 082 - Copy.jpg
I found this Camel outside a carpet shop in Rajasthan, India. He was very well dressed and I liked the contrast with the shabby street. The smell was horrendous....

Lovely images, and good variety! You're fortunate to be able to travel around and get opportunities like this.

Keep posting! :)

I like your subjects and compositions, especially the one of the girl smiling. I'm looking forward to see what you can do with that D5300.

Lovely images, and good variety! You're fortunate to be able to travel around and get opportunities like this.

Keep posting! :)
Cheers, Terri,
My little Samsung PaC took some stunning shots. For what it was, I was often bowled over with this little fella. At a new years eve do in Traverse City MI, I took photos of my pal's rockets going off. Thinking I had often missed the moment, I found with the camera pointing at the black, night sky, the brains of the device, not mine, cleverly waited for the rocket to explode and made a long enough exposure to see the burst with all its trails without input from me. Very clever. Probably commonplace nowadays but 14 years ago I was very surprised. It made me look smart I reckon.
Traveling is my 2nd favourite activity, camping being the first. Combining the two gives you plenty of photo ops.
I like your subjects and compositions, especially the one of the girl smiling. I'm looking forward to see what you can do with that D5300.
Thanks, Pete
All these things definitely happened to me, not of me. OK, recognising the photo is there has been an obvious skill that I will endeavour to pass on to my Grand folklings, under the title "snap everything".
Having a PaC and nothing to review the picture on with straight away, meant I could not see what I had grabbed out of the night air for a couple of hours. It was lovely to see her smile I could list the reasons why. That silent connection was born by chance, never to be forgotten....

Hello,

imho there's a room to grow .. at least first (#1) is purplish, very soft and with both highlights and shadows which would look better if adjusted in postprocess, third (#3) just seems to me as casual shot from the airplane window, scene is certainly interesting but still this is thephotoforum, image quality and composition plays here a more significant role than elswhere, fourth (#4) is just the stray dog, sick and suffering, not a pleasant look on such a image and everybody who was traveling around the world especially in Asia just have seen many of them, I don't see anything cool on that image, only very disrespectful to the dog, fifth (#5) is bit soft, relatively flat, seems also untouched in postprocess and sixth (#6 - camel) is the best one imho, but camel would look better without clipped feet ..

please don't take it any personal .. this is thephotoforum and it wouldn't been fair to not share the candid opinion on your photos .. Please keep posting and have a good light !!

cheers, ~d

Hello,

imho there's a room to grow .. at least first (#1) is purplish, very soft and with both highlights and shadows which would look better if adjusted in postprocess, third (#3) just seems to me as casual shot from the airplane window, scene is certainly interesting but still this is thephotoforum, image quality and composition plays here a more significant role than elswhere, fourth (#4) is just the stray dog, sick and suffering, not a pleasant look on such a image and everybody who was traveling around the world especially in Asia just have seen many of them, I don't see anything cool on that image, only very disrespectful to the dog, fifth (#5) is bit soft, relatively flat, seems also untouched in postprocess and sixth (#6 - camel) is the best one imho, but camel would look better without clipped feet ..

please don't take it any personal .. this is thephotoforum and it wouldn't been fair to not share the candid opinion on your photos .. Please keep posting and have a good light !!

cheers, ~d
I see that you have not paid attention to my explanation of how I gathered these images. Disrespectful to the dog? Wow, that is a very strange comment, laughable really. Do I have to go about deleting things that I might be disrespectful to? Jeez, I am struggling with this. I have shown that picture to so many people and no one has made that comment? Don't take it personally, I don't, it is just that it's garbage, but I bet the dog will though, he eats garbage?

Most reactions

Back