Few shots to CC

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here they are, nothing special. I just want to know what worked, what didn't, comments, suggestions....the usual.

1. Some roses.
IMG_2864_resized.jpg

2. About half an inch in size, and I don't have a macro lens. Thought about a bit more photoshop with this one.
IMG_2937_resized.jpg

3. Our cat, just before catching a mice. Yes I know, a shot WITH the mice would of been better.
IMG_2946_resized.jpg

4. Maybe not as much to CC but I just really really really want to know what plant this is. I've never seen anything like this and I've been trying to find out everywhere. So if anyone knows by chance of luck, let me know.
img2886resized.jpg

IMG_2886_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I really like number 2 thats a keeper. #1 is alright I guess, #3 is pretty plain almost snapshot like to me. Maybe try to not keep all the subjects centered all the time. #4 doesn't show up for me.

Trying to get the 4rth shot to show up, having probs with upload.

**EDIT** Fixed image #4

2 is nice, works great with the squar crop!
1 seems a little blah. its a nice angle tho.
3 is not too bad.
4 is doing nothing for me. maybe with a nice wide angle and have the subject in the forground. Get more of that path in the shot would be nice.

1. is overexposed
2. could benefit from the rule of 3rds
3. Busy background and I think the vignette takes away from it.

I would definitely say work on the rule of thirds and proper exposures. Have you read Understanding Exposure?

TJ

I would definitely say work on the rule of thirds and proper exposures. Have you read Understanding Exposure?
Don't think I have. Is that a forum post or a book?

The auto exposure on the T1i is pretty weak to say the least, and though RAW allows me to correct it to an extent, I didn't want to go any further than I did because the colors were getting all messed up.

It's a book. Definitely a good read and something to refer back to any time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280077858&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…[/ame]

TJ

Most reactions

Back