What's new

Fight Choreography

NickLane

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 10, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now I know this site is mostly for DSLR photos but, I just finished a video I made with my Canon t2i. Let me know what you think, any advice or suggestions are welcome!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
cute. That guy had a cool move getting back up like that.
 
Too much dubstep.




In relation to the video, the color balance shifted between shots. You should set a color balance and keep it throughout the filming for continuity, rather than using auto WB. There isn't really a motive for the fight either, which is kind of off-putting. What kind of D-Bag comes up to the fairer sex and knocks her cell phone out of her hands? The other thing that got me was that the cell phone screen was finger printy, I would have cleaned it up a bit prior to shooting that sequence. A few of the shots were out of focus as well, the cell phone shot, and the final shot of her while the male is on the ground.
 
Started out kinda cheesy especially the dude looking through the moss, i found the cell phone slap funny, simply because of its ridiculousness (maybe a direct right cross from her after the cell phone slap out of instinct vs a schoolyard push)...but the fight scenes and swaps were pretty cool. She could have used a better "now what b1tch?" gesture at the end.
 
Too much dubstep.




In relation to the video, the color balance shifted between shots. You should set a color balance and keep it throughout the filming for continuity, rather than using auto WB. There isn't really a motive for the fight either, which is kind of off-putting. What kind of D-Bag comes up to the fairer sex and knocks her cell phone out of her hands? The other thing that got me was that the cell phone screen was finger printy, I would have cleaned it up a bit prior to shooting that sequence. A few of the shots were out of focus as well, the cell phone shot, and the final shot of her while the male is on the ground.

Very true with all of the things you said! The thing that pissed me off the most was definitely the color. I corrected around half of them but thought not too many people so I didn't bother to do the rest. And as far as the plot goes really was just a test to see how I would fare against making a fight video. Thank you for the small details though it will definitely help in future projects! XD
 
oh, also, with the music, I like the music...but don't fit the scene...have her leaning on a basketball goal in a ghetto playground, and the guy coming up thugged out with dope leaves on his shirt vs green diamonds and clean looking...would work well with that music.
 
Yes very true! Although I had to work with what I had. 3 hours to plan and shoot. 2 actors. No gas money and both actors had little to no knowledge on how to fight haha
 
actually, other than the kippup the dude did, the chick seems to have more skills than he, just observation by her movements.

I understand about limited resources, lol. I nearly ran out of gas yesterday getting to where I wanted to get my sunset shots. gotta do what ya gotta do. Besides, not sure that pretty young lady will feel safe in the ghetto playground, might get real footage then instead of acting. lol.
 
haha yes, very true. sure as hell wouldnt want that
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom