Fight Club Discussion

Any chance of making a "night time friendly" theme like we discussed a few months ago?

I would love to, but anyone who didn't notice or didn't check the thread first might get caught in the daylight. I'll try to come up with night friendly themes that can be done in the day too :p

hey i dont know a service sharing website where i could post my shots , and send the link to the guy in charge of fight club contests. can someone help me?

hey i dont know a service sharing website where i could post my shots , and send the link to the guy in charge of fight club contests. can someone help me?

• flickr.com
  • picasaweb.google.com
  • photobucket.com

Any of these are pretty common. There are others. As far as posting links for Fight Club, though, I think these are the most cooperative (though I've never personally used PhotoBucket).

:)

OK, so most of you know that I used to play A LOT.... Well, the thing is, I've been pretty much only shooting film for the last 6 months or so and I don't really see that changing.

I was talking with Joe in chat, and I think we found a way I can play again... So here's the idea - I'll still have the same hour that everyone else has, but there will be an intermission (which could be anywhere from an hour or two to a day or two) in my hour. I'll have an hour to shoot, do PP, and upload. Development time won't count since it can vary a lot depending on the film & chems I use, and at the minimum it would take over an hour anyway. (5-20 minutes (depending) for development, 10 minutes for fixing, 20 minutes to wash it, 20 minutes to an hour to wait for it to dry.) And, while it's developing it's just sitting in a tank anyway, so it's not like I can see it or do anything with it...

Scanning is pretty quick, and I'm not going to count it since I won't even really see them till I start doing PP.

I'm going to give myself 40 minutes for shooting, 20 minutes for PP... (When I was playing, I typically only needed 30 minutes to shoot, so I don't foresee any problems with that.)

There might be a gap between when I shoot and when I start developing - because I have to finish the roll, and it will depend on how far into the roll I am when I start. I'll make sure I get everything done before voting though.

Since it will be film scans, there will be no exif. You'll just have to take my word for it that I didn't go over the allotted time.

It will go like this:
I go to the website, find out what the topics are, then shoot for no more than 40 minutes. Then, once I finish off the roll, I develop. Some time the next day I scan then do PP (taking no longer than 20 minutes - but trust me, it doesn't take that long) and upload.

The only real difference will be that you'll just have to trust me that I'm doing all the shooting and PP in 1 hour - there will be no way for anyone to verify it.

So, what do you say? Does it sound like a plan?

One thing though - everything I submit will be B&W - so if one of the topics is "color" or something, I'll have to get extra creative. :lol:

I think we can make this work... I loved playing Fight Club, and I think most of you know that you can trust me to not cheat.

Yay or nay?

You don't have to anymore! Just use the Fight Club page to upload your shots directly and I'll host and post them.

My thought was that because the "developing" of digital is simply importing the photos onto your computer, developing time wouldn't count when film is used. Yes, it opens up the possibility of cheating, but at least with Josh, that has never been an issue, so I feel comfortable with it.

If it's cool with everyone, I think I'll play this week. I just put a fresh roll in my camera the other day (haven't shot anything yet), so I'll try to burn most of it up tomorrow morning (won't be that hard, lol) then save the last 10 or so frames for FC. Once I get the topics, I'll shoot, then probably develop right after that. I'll wait till the next day to scan (to make sure it's dry all the way, and to give the film time to flatten out before scanning), then I'll do my PP and upload.

I do have 2 rolls that I developed last week that still need to be scanned though, so depending on how long that takes I might delay FC by a day..,

Hey Josh, I have no problem with the process you described, and look forward to having you involved again! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Besides, who would want to cheat at Fight Club anyways? Pretty much misses the point if you ask me. :)

I am a Noob, don't know Josh from Joe, but I think the more players the better and I also prefer film over digital (although I think I will continue to use my DSLR for fight club). I certainly see no problem with it either.

Hey Josh, I have no problem with the process you described, and look forward to having you involved again! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Besides, who would want to cheat at Fight Club anyways? Pretty much misses the point if you ask me. :)

You would think that... Unfortunately, it has happened!

You would think that... Unfortunately, it has happened!

It's not as easy as it looks to come up with all the money needed to bribe people for votes every week. The kids I shake down for their lunch money seem to grow bigger each time.

Don't trust Josh........just sayin!!

Most reactions

Back