Fight Club Discussion

Seems like this fight club just isn't doing well anymore. Maybe everyone should make some suggestions on things to change to get more people to participate. The 1 hour window on Sunday really kills me. Heres my thing. 1 hour limits me to my yard more or less. Maybe it should be a weekly contest as I don't think there is one. I know the concept is quick, but maybe it's too quick for most people to participate. If not weekly, how about the topic is posted on Sunday morning and by 5:00 it is the deadline. Maybe limit it down to one picture or topic. Just a thought to get more participation. Maybe we should announce this in the other popular forum area so poeple remember as well.

Seems like this fight club just isn't doing well anymore. Maybe everyone should make some suggestions on things to change to get more people to participate. The 1 hour window on Sunday really kills me. Heres my thing. 1 hour limits me to my yard more or less. Maybe it should be a weekly contest as I don't think there is one. I know the concept is quick, but maybe it's too quick for most people to participate. If not weekly, how about the topic is posted on Sunday morning and by 5:00 it is the deadline. Maybe limit it down to one picture or topic. Just a thought to get more participation. Maybe we should announce this in the other popular forum area so poeple remember as well.

The Summer isn't a good time for this kind of thing. People are outside doing outside stuff, so it's just not that busy. I'm going to give it a little while before I call it quits.

As far as the time limit, that's the 1 thing I find crucial about this contest. I'd love to find a way to make it more accessible, but the whole point is that you're in a huge rush, and you still have to make great photos.

What I would love to do, but don't know of any way to implement it, is to have a click-through that logs your username and time when you first see the topics, then you have 1 hour. Either all the photos are revealed only when you submit, or all at once at some predetermined time. Like I said, I really don't know how to do this...

If you (or anyone) have some other ideas, or if we can find a time more suitable than 2PM Sunday, I'm all ears. As for the weekly/longer contest, we have one. It's on hold because we were getting 1 photo per week. Maximum... Sure, it gives people longer, but then they forget!

I am excited to know more about fight club!
But what is the time?
Please tell me GMT...

I'm new to TPF and just stumbled across this part of the site, but I really love this idea, and even though I'm no great photographer I think it would really help me stretch my creativity. It's sad to hear that it's been slowing down lately; hopefully it will pick up again soon as people finish their summer vacations and such.

Like others have already posted, 2pm EST is a bit of a challenge for me, and some weeks will just be plain impossible for me to be able to participate (unless I bring my camera and laptop to church... hmm that would get me some funny looks).

I've seen the idea of a sliding timetable tossed around, but the big problem seems to be that there's no way to ensure people don't cheat. The only thing I could think of would be asking people to take a screenshot showing that the forum thread with the topics for the week is unread, which would be have to be timestamped within an hour of the post submitting photos. It's a bit contrived and probably too easy to fake, but I'll keep thinking. ;)

I'm new to TPF and just stumbled across this part of the site, but I really love this idea, and even though I'm no great photographer I think it would really help me stretch my creativity. It's sad to hear that it's been slowing down lately; hopefully it will pick up again soon as people finish their summer vacations and such.

Like others have already posted, 2pm EST is a bit of a challenge for me, and some weeks will just be plain impossible for me to be able to participate (unless I bring my camera and laptop to church... hmm that would get me some funny looks).

I've seen the idea of a sliding timetable tossed around, but the big problem seems to be that there's no way to ensure people don't cheat. The only thing I could think of would be asking people to take a screenshot showing that the forum thread with the topics for the week is unread, which would be have to be timestamped within an hour of the post submitting photos. It's a bit contrived and probably too easy to fake, but I'll keep thinking. ;)

Actually...that's not a bad idea. A screen shot that includes the unread thread and the desktop clock. It would be very possible to fake, but it's not like this contest is life or death. Anyone else want to add their opinion? I'm definitely considering this!

I happen to know that here it starts at 8 o'clock on Sunday night, when at 8:15 my favourite crime story programme starts on TV, which is why on most Sundays I simply opt out... I ran and jumped about while my favourite programme was on once, and even had Sabine run and jump about (and roll over the floor for me), but not since.
On the contrary, you are urged to go tell everyone about fight club! :p

My only suggestion is to stagger the times that Fight Club is a go. For some of us...2pm on a Sunday after noon, is perfect. But for some, it lands in the middle of chores ect. That way, it would give others who miss out a chance to play.

http://www.designerphotogifts.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Why I haven't been playing lately...

I've been shooting film pretty much exclusively for the last few months, so FC is kinda hard for me to do... Eventually, I'll be back, but for now, it's film for me...

It was fun - I had a great time, and I miss it. Just wanted to let you guys know that my absence is due to my own circumstances and nothing to do with the forum or the game.

I'll try to make it a point to still vote...

Why I haven't been playing lately...

I've been shooting film pretty much exclusively for the last few months, so FC is kinda hard for me to do... Eventually, I'll be back, but for now, it's film for me...

It was fun - I had a great time, and I miss it. Just wanted to let you guys know that my absence is due to my own circumstances and nothing to do with the forum or the game.

I'll try to make it a point to still vote...

Did you ever get your power/battery problem lined out or is the Ds down for the count?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back