*** Fight Club *** Round 25 today, 2 PM EST

Hmmmm, I looked at exif since it seems to be a hot topic. Hoser you have been disqualified for the jet shot. In fact I won't be voting for you at all this round for trying to pull a fast one on us. Its a shame that from now on I will be checking up on you. see ya next week. ( you should apologize to the board and remove that picture from voting)

Some of the pictures have no EXIF data at all. I think it would be a fair to add a rule that all images should have EXIF data present.

Me thinks that would push us over the one hour limit for some who don't publish at a site that has that option. I also don't have time to go on a witch hunt (would kind of ruin the fun). Some posts are obviously a little sketchy and then I view exif if available. If it in't available--- oh well, it is just a game.

you've got a good point. i was swamped with homework all day or i would have been in on the contest too. looking forward to next week :]

Anyone can view my EXIF as I am on Flickr.

It's nothing personal, but this being my first time, I was a little dissappointed to know it's "okay" to get your post in late. The time limit should be very strict.

Anyway, I would really like to see some more votes, so please vote now! (I will do the same :) )

By the way, I definitely had a good time doing this. It was a blast, and now I'm hooked.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I looked at exif since it seems to be a hot topic. Hoser you have been disqualified for the jet shot. In fact I won't be voting for you at all this round for trying to pull a fast one on us. Its a shame that from now on I will be checking up on you. see ya next week. ( you should apologize to the board and remove that picture from voting)

I'm apologizing, but not for the reason you guys have accused me of. I used the wrong picture. I went to the expo on Saturday and took 4 or 5 pics like the one I used here (I like the way the full frontal shot of jets makes it look menacing). I took over 100 pics total actually. In my haste to get everything up on time mixed with my computer crashing on me I grabbed the wrong one. I grabbed one of the ones from Saturday and not Sunday. So I apologize for my mistake, but I did not cheat. Feel free to check up on me every week if you wish. If I can recover the picture from my now borked HDD I will post it with the EXIF that shows it was taken on Sunday at about 1:10 p.m.

Just to make things clear, here's the order in which the pics were taken.....

Primary colours - Shot before I left for the airport. Why the EXIf says 12:59 I have no idea......I really don't. How would I know what the subject would be and take the pic 1 hour before it was announced?

Allergies - Taken once I got to the airport. There was a hill with these dandelions on it and I remembered the allergies topic so i took the shot.

Super - The shot in question was taken in a hurry as I knew I had to get back home to get the pictures off the camera and uploaded.

Art - Found the old Olivia Newton John album and knew the inside art was controversial for the time it was released, so I thought it would make a good eye popper to maybe get me some votes.

Music - Threw the records on the floor to get a shot of them showing the variety of music I have on vinyl. Crappy shot, but I was under the gun for time.

About 5 minutes after the last shot my computer froze and then shut down. A few minutes of troubleshooting told me that it was dead, so I went to my wife's computer and got some software loaded on to it so I could get some of the pics processed (just did 1 crop for the Art topic). Not having the pics set up in the folders I do on my computer I grabbed the wrong one from my camera and submitted that one instead. As usual I deleted all the pics off my card after they were uploaded so I have no way of proving that's what I did.

Take this whatever way you want, but I'm telling you I did not cheat.

Oh and disqualify me from this week completely. Those that voted for me can change their vote if they wish.

And do you guys really think that I thought I could pull something like this past a bunch of guys who know what to look for? I'm not that stupid.

It's quite obvious your picture was of a TV screen, the moire pattern tells all. ;)
Well, it wasn't obvious to everyone. That is the WHOLE reason we are having this discussion in the first place. Black Noise doubted my pic was legit, which brought up the whole EXIF discussion.

It's nothing personal, but this being my first time, I was a little dissappointed to know it's "okay" to get your post in late. The time limit should be very strict

Eeeeek!!! I LOVE the 15 minutes grace period!!! This week unfortunately, my 'puter really let me down....but I can usually sweet-talk it most other Sundays!!!!

If it makes you feel better....the time that it takes me to take the pics, then muck with them takes me much less than an hour (maybe 30-40 minutes tops).....it's the uploading/downloading, whatever that is the problem. Technical difficulties are taken into consideration....and a grace period of about 10-15 minutes is permitted. Wonderful....otherwise I'd never make it!!! :mrgreen:

You're forgiven Hoser

A simple OOOppps my bad would have sufficed. The long detailed explanation was/is not neccessary. After all we aren't the Spanish Inquisition. A very reasonable misunderstanding since I have caught myself doing the same thing. (grabbing a wrong picture to upload, then going WTH is that before I submit)

See ya next week (because you do take interesting shots--I find myself voting for yours quite often)

That 15 minute grace period has saved my bacon on ocassion as well. Getting the pictures is the easy part.... having a dinosaur era upload is not so easy.

I echo the 'it takes forever to upload' comments. I usually finish shooting the pics within 30 minutes (40 minutes max.), then the agony of trying to upload starts. I do minimal (if any) postprocessing... but use PS for resizing. It takes forEVER. And if I try at all to hurry it up or do too many things at once, my computer freezes. Gaaaaah! Very frustrating.

Well the bad news is that my HDD and my PSU died. Most likely the PSU caused the HDD failure as the circuit board on it is fried. The good news is that the parts for my new system were ordered this afternoon and should be here by Friday. :cheer:

I should have it up and running by this weekend.

so theres people going to rock concerts and air strips in an hour??

LMFAOOO im sorry but the way you put that and what i was thinking at the same time is the funniest **** i ever read on here. KUDOS lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back