*** Fight Club *** Round 64 today, 2:00 EST

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Vote here!

What is Fight Club? (Rules and procedures)

Your official Fight Club homework assignment is:

1. White

2. Covered

3. Boost

4. Write/Right

5. Beauty in the ordinary

Have fun, and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ill give it a go this round, just promise not to laugh too hard!

Mom, we only have an hour..... we don't have time to laugh. And if you can get 1 picture in regardless if it is the worst picture you have ever taken I still regard that as a success. It's all about having fun and pushing yourself here.

I'm interested in the voting criteria you all use.
Mine is:
a)Is the topic right there without searching for the concept?
If yes, you advance to the next round (regardless of quality)
b)Do I get an emotional response out of it? ooohhhh ahhhhh : I wish I was there : I need to try that : It feels like I could touch it : that sort of stuff
c) If I'm still debating between two or three photo then it goes to
FOCUS, EXPOSURE, COMPOSITION and DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY. A technical photo always winning if they meet a) and b)
d) If I'm still stuck then I play eenie meenie minnie mo until I have a victor.

How do you do it?

I don't really have a process... But I guess if I had to put it in words, it would be similar to what you do.

Batteries are charged and I'm going to try this for the first time this week. Good Luck everyone!

I don't really have a process... But I guess if I had to put it in words, it would be similar to what you do.
Ditto.

I have a shoot later, but I think I'll try to squeeze in Fight Club before I leave and just hope I'm not late :lol:

Mom, we only have an hour..... we don't have time to laugh. And if you can get 1 picture in regardless if it is the worst picture you have ever taken I still regard that as a success. It's all about having fun and pushing yourself here.

I'm interested in the voting criteria you all use.
Mine is:
a)Is the topic right there without searching for the concept?
If yes, you advance to the next round (regardless of quality)
b)Do I get an emotional response out of it? ooohhhh ahhhhh : I wish I was there : I need to try that : It feels like I could touch it : that sort of stuff
c) If I'm still debating between two or three photo then it goes to
FOCUS, EXPOSURE, COMPOSITION and DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY. A technical photo always winning if they meet a) and b)
d) If I'm still stuck then I play eenie meenie minnie mo until I have a victor.

How do you do it?

Yeah I m pretty much w/ you. Emotion is key though.......if you make me laugh and its on topic, you ll prolly get my vote. Even if its not the greatest pic. I also watch for people being creative!!Thinking out of the box. :D:mrgreen: Or just flip a coin

* runs to the mint to have "vote for leigh" coins made. LOL

My vote starts on a tie between technical ability and meeting of the topic. if there is a tie, I go with the "feeling" i get from something.

For me, technical mastery is king. If two photos are equal in terms of composition, lighting, sharpness, and color, I go with the one that has the greater emotional response, but in the even that one is technically better than the other, I will almost always choose that one.

Then again, as the person who runs this shin-dig, I try to stay out of voting :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back