File naming in reverse order

jeff.scott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

Here's one of my problems as a wedding photographer and I was hoping to get a little help on it.

When I send a wedding order it can be from 100-200 prints (4x6). As expected the machine will print the first file first, then the second and so on. As a result the earliest file is on the bottom of the stack and the last on top. I like to present my pics in chronological order, which takes quite a while to resort the stack prints. It's not a big deal, but I thought there might be a way to reverse the file names.

I thought that in windows I could just sort (by name) in reverse order (the file numbers are reversed) and then rename the batch (hoping that the numbers would reverse) but they don't. The last file still has the highest digit.

Does anyone know of a way to rename a print order in such a way that the prints in the out tray will be in chronological order?

Thanks so much,

Jeff
Canada

If you are printing yourself the printer driver often has a setting to reverse the printing order. If you are sending out then frankly I am amazed that you get them in any kind of order at all. I would ask the printing company if they can do anything for you to begin with. I have used quite a few batch renamers but never have I seen one that would reverse the file number sequence.

Okay, I just sent a small batch to my printer and under printing preferences I can chose to reverse the order. Since I send my large batches out to be printed, I'm pretty sure they can do the same thing for me. Although, I'm sure 9 times out of 10, if you put those instructions on the order, they will either miss it, or not bother.

It would be nice to find a way to reverse the numbers anyway.

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back