file numbering

Mitch1640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took 1500 pictures at a fest this weekend and when i went to upload the pictures i realized they got put into 2 seperate folders on my card, but some of them have the same file numbers.

why did this happen and how can i copy the files off of my card with out renaming 1000 photos?

i took 1500 pictures at a fest this weekend and when i went to upload the pictures i realized they got put into 2 seperate folders on my card, but some of them have the same file numbers.

why did this happen and how can i copy the files off of my card with out renaming 1000 photos?

use a Adobe photoshop Bridge batch process to rename them all

it happens because you started a new card, you have to go into your camera and tell it to use sequence numbering and that won't happen

but i didnt start a new card..

My guess is your camera will only put so many photos in one folder, so it started a new one to accommodate the volume. My D80, for example, won't place more than 999 in a single folder. When the 1000th photo is taken it creates a new folder and places it in there, along with subsequent shots.

As mentioned, you should be able to set the camera to use continuous file numbering so you don't end up with a bunch of photos with the same number.

sorry, i mis-understood

thanks every body.

Most reactions

Back