What's new

Film 3 in the Leica (still black and white) (13 pics!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some more pics taken with the Leica.
All of these were taken in the neighbouring town.

1.
128735633.jpg


2.
128735610.jpg

Overall and closer view of our favourite Chinese restaurant in the area (not difficult to become "favourite", since there are not very many others around ;) - but their food's really good!)

All the following photos are impressions from the so-called "Meyerhof" right next to that Chinese restaurant, a mixture of open air museum, centre for handicrafts, exhibitions or performances, and there is one room in the centre building (background of Photo 8 ) where you can get married. (In Germany you cannot get married just anywhere you like...!)

3.
128735629.jpg


4.
128735628.jpg


5.
128735624.jpg


6.
128735611.jpg


7.
128735623.jpg


8.
128735621.jpg


9.
128735619.jpg


10.
128735614.jpg


11.
128735612.jpg


12.
128735617.jpg


13.
128735615.jpg


Enjoy! :D Hope you like them just a little.
 
I love the tones and the textures here!!!
I especially like the last two shots.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Thank you :hug::
 
I get a real sense of mood and history here especially with the lack of color, nice pics.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
I sort of like 11 quite a bit, too. I played with the aperture a little for that one and 12 (for a good many of these, actually, hoping I would get quite different DOF's...) - it is just that the weather does not actually make the best of pictures ... the eternal grey sky is quite, quite boring by now...
 
Love these pics. 11 is my fav.
 
11 and 12! :thumbsup:
 
Nice shots, you're getting some really rich tones, what film are you using?
im jelousr, i'd love a leica with a decent prime on it. Trent Parkes, one of my fave photogs uses one just about all the time, for street photography.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
I used the Ilford HP5 400 ISO - but I think I forgot to tell the camera that... I think it was set to 200 ISO... or did this apply to the film I used before? :scratch: I forget...

Street photography ... well. Something I still haven't quite dared to do much as yet. Would love to try it, though. But you can see from the first pic of this series that I live in the veritable "boonies" and there are only few real "street scenes" to be photographed :roll: :er:
 
LaFoto said:
I used the Ilford HP5 400 ISO - but I think I forgot to tell the camera that... I think it was set to 200 ISO... or did this apply to the film I used before? :scratch: I forget...

Street photography ... well. Something I still haven't quite dared to do much as yet. Would love to try it, though. But you can see from the first pic of this series that I live in the veritable "boonies" and there are only few real "street scenes" to be photographed :roll: :er:

none of these look incorrectly exposed, looks like you remembered to change your ISO. I usually use XP2 simply because it can be developed in a colour process, but i think i might try HP5 now
 
What an awesome series Corinna. I love the feel to these. It was like taking a walk there through the photos. Well done.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
Thanks, Chilly-boy, I am glad I can show you some of what my eyes see every day and take you on a walk through there ;). It is fun to try and capture things with the Leica now, too. Using it is really growing on me. It is great, great fun now :D.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom