Film Developing Question

I pre-wet the film, then use Legacy L110 (Equivalent to HC110) diluted 100:1, one hour develop with agitation for 30 seconds
Good to know. I am using HC110 diluted 49 + 1 and it takes only 11 minutes to develop ISO 400 film (With some agitation, but nothing that drastic like inversions of the tank.)

I'm a D-76 guy. When I first started out I tried a lot of different developers ... but D-76 worked well enough. HC110 for pushed stuff. I would only agitate once or twice during development. A simple flip and twist of the tank, mmmh ... maybe two or three seconds. If you're willing to try less agitation, start by having what you're doing now, then halve that et cetera, until you find a methodology which gives you the best results for how you expose. Less agitation will make the grain just a bit finer.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Gary

20 years out of date Tmax100 shot at iso400 by mistake so there was only one thing to do 1 hour stand in Rodinal

Scan-130721-0003-XL.jpg

Since the 100 ISO is more sensitive than the 400 ISO, does it have its own developing time?
Just this: ISO 100 is less sensitive than ISO 400. About 4 times less. In other words ISO 400 needs only 25% of the light needed for ISO 100 to get the same exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back