Film Festival of Málaga

I really almost like the composition of #2. I half expect the signs in the background to come into focus and say something about Citizen Kane on them... but the retouching is pretty obvious because the hot spots on her cheeks and forehead are still very apparent. Otherwise it's a great shot. :)

I really almost like the composition of #2. I half expect the signs in the background to come into focus and say something about Citizen Kane on them... but the retouching is pretty obvious because the hot spots on her cheeks and forehead are still very apparent. Otherwise it's a great shot. :)

only retouching made was brightness / contrast / levels adjustments... besides the b&w conversion

only retouching made was brightness / contrast / levels adjustments... besides the b&w conversion

If you look at her cheeks and forehead you can see how the brightest spots are blotches, and there is a defined line where it becomes so bright; rather then the gradual shift in tone you see elsewhere in the image. Her shoulders for example. The same issue is there with the 2nd image in the 2nd batch - the guy with the shaved head who almost looks like Justin Timberlake.

Those spots just look very over-exposed compared to the rest of the image. I would bet that the flash from the other photographers around is what caused the flood of light. Maybe the more experienced photog's could suggest a preventative measure? I'm thinking a polarizer but perhaps it would have been too dark.

I'm just thinking out loud to see how other people react to my ideas. ^_^

hmm, there were indeed quite some other photographers around with their big flash's...
some of the over-exposed areas might have been caused because of the brightness & contrast edits...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back