Film From the Hip/ground at a Concert

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday Mr. Rabbit and I went to Big Music Fest in Kitchener Ontario. Since they have a "no pro gear" rule (no removable lenses) I decided to just bring my film camera with me, turned out I likely could have walked right in with my 60D judging by what others were carrying around (sigh) but at least I got some practice with shooting and developing film :) I only had my 50mm lens on so anything of the stage was quite unlikely so I focused on the people around me for the most part.
I used one B&W and two colour films (which have to go in for processing since I only have B&W chemicals so far)

These couple are my fav's of the 12 frames, would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!!

This guy went past us a couple times and I really have my fingers crossed that the shot I took of him in colour turns out! His beautiful unicorn shirt was pink and purple. I really like how his posture/leg mimics the unicorn, I don't like that the unicorn isn't quite as prominent as I would have liked it to be.

img039-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Peeking....many did this either waiting for me to "take the shot" or finding a pathway through all of us sitting between bands.

img037-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

The woman on the left was saying something to the other lady and it didn't seem like a comfortable exchange, I like the dynamic here.

img036-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oops, this is totally in the wrong gallery, meant to at least put it in People... if a kind dear mod could move it that would be awesome ;)

Good work. Now you need wide angle for such an occasion.:wink:

Thanks T, yeah a little wider lens would have helped, they are framed mostly how I wanted them but not quiiiite, some more room would have been nice.

Thanks John! I like you no matter what the other mods say about you ;) lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back