Film guy saying hi!

Seamus42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all -- new to the forum, not new to photography. I studied photography back in the days of film, then returned to it with a vengeance a few years ago, digital camera in hand. Now it's part of my day job, and I've loved getting up to speed with digital. I've recently returned to my old film equipment, and I'm here to increase my skills and get better at restoring/maintaining film cameras, too.

Cheers!

Hey, welcome to TPF! There are a good number of lenses that will work with both older, film cameras AND with newer, digital cameras. To me, the lenses are the old friends...I still have lenses from my college days...not too long ago (relatively speaking), I gave my 1986 college-era Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED manual focus lens a workout on a modern Nikon d-slr. It was like the mid-1980's all over again...but with gray hair!

Welcome to TPF! As others have said, we have a lot of film enthusiasts here, so you're in good company.

I hope you check out our Photo Galleries, and post your work. It's a great way to get to know everyone, and get some feedback on your stuff.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back