Film question

asfixiate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there something that would allow you to take pictures of a client...Make the negatives and show them what it would look like developed?

Not just looking at the negatives with a form of magnification but actually convert what the negative looks like to a color image?

Something similar to the preview with Digital cameras.

If all that confused you let me know. What really I'm looking for is the ability to make the negatives and get an idea "real time" if the customer would like it or not.

With digital I can plug my camera into their comptuer or their TV.

you could scan the negatives and switch them on the computer

and the negatives would be color?

Develop the film into negatives...scan the negatives and show them what it would look like?

I'm assuming this is what Target, Sears, Ritz, all do?

I assume I will need a developer bag/negative scanner and computer to have ability to show a customer what the shots wil look like.

developing film is a process that takes time. if want to develop film on site and then scan the negatives to a computer then show people I guess you could do it but it makes no sense to do it. Polaroids would be the only answer to your question (as alpha said)

You can run mobile automatic C-41 film processors (like the Jobo ATL series) from car batteries or from the client's mains. It will still take about half an hour or thereabouts to get dry film ready for a quick low-res scan direct to a TV or computer.

An alternative could be to arrange a sort of 'video assist' or piggyback digital camera to simultaneously make an almost exact digital version of the film image.

Best,
Helen

helen
As always you have something helpful to say. I'll look that up. Thanks.

Is this similar to this digital holga someone made on Flickr or is there an actual unit that can be purchased.

Most reactions

Back