Film vs. Digital SLR

Film is the way to go when your starting out. You learn so much more. Digital is awesome after you know how to use a camera. But if you start digital you cheat instead of learning why and how.

Who really cares what the next man thinks. Shoot what you love and experiment in both. Its all the same light but it does suck to have to stop and reload film. I shoot a couple of rolls of Flilm every week but carry my digital slr with me every where I go.

Well another mis-informed statement of opinion put across as fact. I want to know how exactly is PS "cheating" but the darkroom with dodging and burning and contrast filters and cropping etc. etc........ is not "cheating".

You have misread my statement. I said that PS "allows" some people to cheat, however I didn't say that all uses of PS are "cheating."

I do stand by my statement that some people use PS excessively, doing things that were never possible in a darkroom. The DOES NOT include dodging/burning and use of filter effects to change color, or increase contrast, color saturation, etc. All of us did that in the darkroom and there's nothing wrong with doing it in PS.

I do, however, see photos so doctored that I don't really consider them photography anymore, and this is what I'm talking about. I'm a purist, I think photography is an art where you are challenged to capture the beauty in things on film (or a sensor) and not to capture something and change it so radically that it doen't represent what was originally seen/photographed anymore.

Also, an opinion is not (and can't be) a "misinformed statement" if it simply states a point of view. I said this was my opinion, and that's what it is. I stand by it.

Most reactions

Back