Filter or Photoshop Help

mom0f4photog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone-

I'm returning to this forum after a few years' hiatus! I have a question regarding a specific photo style I saw on another site. I know we can't pull another photographer's images, so here is the link:

Home

I like the look of the image of the girl sitting on the blue couch (specifically, the editing that has been done on her face/skin). There are more images on this link:
Stephanie Clark

Can anyone tell me if this is a certain type of filter, or do you think that the photographer did this in Photoshop? I know this is a heavily edited image, and not a style that I want to use all the time by any means, but I'd like to learn this technique to utilize once in a while.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated! Thank you!

It's definitely got some serious processing; the young lady's skin is (IMO) a little too smooth, verging on the 'plasticy', but the basic image is good lighting, good posing and proper exposure.

I agree that the skin looks plastic but that could be a cool effect to use for very specific photos. I'm just trying to figure out if she ran the image through a filter or if it was done via Photoshop. Thank you!

It could be a "filter" (photo-shop plug-in) such as Portrait Pro, or a straight PS technique such as frequency separation. Pretty much every filter or PS plug-in is just the automation of a series of steps in PS, so it's really a tomato/tomat-toe situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back