Filter question

travelobsessed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a beginner photographer and have a filter question. I am taking a bunch of great trips in the next few months (Nicaragua and Thailand being the highlights) and want to get a filter that will intensify the beautiful natural colors of these places. I will be photographing beaches and sunsets (I will be in Thailand for my honeymoon :D ), in addition to plant life, animal life and city life. I was told an "intensifier" filter would be best but when I saw examples of photos taken with and without this type of filter it appeared to make everything too red. Any thoughts? Just a little background info: I use a Nikon N80 and Tamrom 28-300 lens. The only filters I currently use are a UV filter and a polarizer. Thanks for your help in advance!

travelobsessed said:
that was a very helpful post. thanks vonnagy (and mitica100).

No sweat! Sounds like you'd be happy with a polarizer and a warming filter, doesn't it? I've never been a fan of the 'creative' filters such as the Sunset one where everything looks orangey!

Good luck in your endeavors, we'd love to see some pics...

:D

Both of those places are humid and that can make things look hazy and vague. I don't really know about filters particularly but I grew up in a very humid climate and I would think a polarizer would be essential for dealing with the glare from that humidity.

drdan said:
Both of those places are humid and that can make things look hazy and vague. I don't really know about filters particularly but I grew up in a very humid climate and I would think a polarizer would be essential for dealing with the glare from that humidity.

Yep, a Polarizer should help get rid of some of the haze in high humidity places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back