Filter size for Minolta lens???

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to purchase a couple of Minolta lenses for my Sony a200, and I have a 55mm filter set and lens hood. My question is this- Are the Minolta lenses 55mm as well?

The filter size will depend on the lens (its physical size), not the brand.

Moreover lens hood's length must fit the focal length of the lens to avoid shading corners of the frame.

Minolta Lenses vary in filter size they have a few that fit the 55mm range. I have a whole bag of lenses from them. Off the top of my head the 28-80 f3.5-5.6 d has a 55mmm cover. It's also a very under rated lens. For your a 200 it's the perfect walk around lens. The Minolta af 35-105mm f3.5 -4.5 macro is also a 55mm filter. a great lens with a little bit of reach on it. The macro is crisp but does not af in macro mode(which I always manually focus in macro mode anyway) their 50mm f2.8 macro is also a 55mm filter. Now I would never base my lens purchase on a filter. The first question I would ask is what do i need it for,what focal range,quality of the lens,ect.ect. I do believe the majority of my Minolta lenses are 49mm. I have a ton of Milolta glass for sale, if your interested.I have been shooting with it for 20+ years. Or feel free to ask any questions if you need? There is not alot of sony/minolta people in this forum so it's sometimes hard to get help with that brad specific questions.

Most reactions

Back