Filters!

Nathaxthelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive just bought the canon 50mm f1.8 lens. Man its great for background blur :D. More to the point, since it has a 52mm diameter, it means i can use a heap of old filters i have sitting around that are 52mm ones. I wanted to ask what a few of them do though.
First and foremost, i have 3 close up filters. All of which are nikkor (The person i got them from had a heap of nikkor lenses). I have Close up 0, 1 and 2. How do these work? Can you double them up? Are they fine to use on a modern DSLR?
Second is a diffusion filter.
Third is a Center spot "Special effect" filter. The filter has a circle of glass cut out in the center of the filter. What does this do?
Other than that there are a few polarizers and a few orange filters. Ive already used polarized filters a bit so thats ok, but what is the use of the orange one? Is this just for the colour temperature?
Hopefully this will provide me with some great fun...

i think the orange is just for film cameras. not sure about the other ones. the close up ones should be fine but im not used to seeing them labeled as 0,1,2. whats the point of having 0 magnification? lol anyway, try em out and see what happens! filters can't curt the camera (unless you put them on wrong? :lmao:)

They filters are from the 80's or so, so they are quite old.. Well, older than new ones! I put the no. 2 on then the no. 1 on and it pretty much halved the min focusing distance.

Most reactions

Back