Finally a vacation!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My husband and grabbed the kids, the Ibuprofen, and packed the car and headed down south - well, south Utah that is! I've lived in Utah for 33 years, and NEVER have been to Canyonlands, or Arches National Parks. My kids will never have to say that!
Here's the first three pics I've edited while in the cabin at midnight. Kids asleep in the other room, hubby asleep and me playing on the computer!
What do you think of another attempt at adding landscape photography to my genre!

1. This is the Upper Overlook you are seeing the Delicate Arch from across the canyon (yes, we took the gruelling hike up to the arch, but remember, it is midnight ;D can't edit everything right now!)
3686636440_fe809a6396.jpg

2. This is the sunset at the same overlook. Just glancing in the opposite direction.
3685830975_2e9f70cdb4.jpg

3. This is Dead Horse Point - WOW! You can see for miles and miles from here!
3686636352_e3bdb0729e.jpg

Nice shots! I lol'd at dead horse point. Who would name it that! Silly hicks....

Stunning photos. So tell me, was the ibuprofin for the rock climbing or because of the kids? :lol: sorry - couldn't resist.;)

Very nice. They are all stunning. I can't wait to get the chance and get a vacation of my own this year.

Nice shots! I lol'd at dead horse point. Who would name it that! Silly hicks....

:lol::lol:
That's what I thought. We asked a park ranger why it was called Dead Horse Point, and he told us that way back when (that's what I say when I don't really know how long ago!) a bunch of cowboys were rounding up wild horses. They would take them to this Mesa that had a very thin one way entrance/exit. They fenced off the only way off this Mesa, and would pick out all the good horses and take them to market for sale. When they were done, they put the fence back up and left all the "bad" horses there to die. Happy times! My son kept looking for horse bones!

Stunning photos. So tell me, was the ibuprofin for the rock climbing or because of the kids? :lol: sorry - couldn't resist.;)

I run 5 miles a day, and work out on top of that. I wasn't worried about the rock climbing as much as I was worried about the 4 kids in an SUV with 4 days worth of junk for 6 hours! So sadly, the ibuprofin was needed because of the kids!:lol:

sweet photos, would love to see them a bit bigger though.

Here ya go!
3693033214_d9b2827b1f_b.jpg

3692933916_27453bb9a4_b.jpg

3693080086_41ec0ed4f6_b.jpg

Here's a few more I edited as well! There's tons more to go still!

3693025008_1ef48c9ec3_b.jpg

3692218179_2f9e9df00b_b.jpg

3692123135_c0d5ef76f9_b.jpg

plus a little friend that sat and posed for me for 15 minutes without even moving. I began to wonder if he was even alive!
3693029830_a6066119d5_b.jpg

Great shots I just came from there. I am on the tail end of a 1 month road trip that had many stoips in Utah including Arches, Canonlands, Bryce and more. I haven't had a chance to go through many of the 1000+ images I have shot so far. My only issure there is I was there mostly during the hottest part of the day so you did well with the time of day.

Most reactions

Back