FINALLY BOUGHT MY NIKON D40 TODAY!

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To sum up my first DSLR purchase......AWESOME!

After weeks and weeks of reading, getting opinions from this community, I finally went out today and bought a Nikon D40 with the kit lens 18-55mm.

Taking a few shots this afternoon, I love it! I couldnt be happier, especially for what i paid. So, let me know if i got a good deal.

Brand New Nikon D40 with kit lens, 4GB transcend memory card, Nikon camera bag (huge!), micro fiber cloth, image recovery software, memory card reader....$479

I was going to get the D40x, but that with the kit lens and the same package was $599 i believe. Which was close to the D60 w/kit lens alone (which was out of my price range)....over all, i think i got a great deal, especially for a first timer DSLR.

I know my lens does not have VR, but its a great kit lens. Some of the photos i took today are excellent!

I didnt care much for the bigger MP with the D40, i wont be making huge prints.

For christmas, my girlfriend is buying me the 55-200mm VR AF-S lens, which i cannot wait for.

For anyone who is a first time DSLR buyer like me, the D40 is a GREAT CHOICE!

Wow, you got an amazing deal. :D I got my D40 with the kit lens for around $575 and my Nikon bag cost $125, but it did come with an extra battery and a user manual. I would suggest getting some 2gb SD cards instead of the 4gb because the 4bg's tend to fail a lot more. I've got about five 2gb cards and I personally prefer carrying one or two extra around with me knowing that my pictures are safer. Image recovery software can only do so much, you know. :meh: You'll absolutely love having this camera, though. I can't leave the house without taking mine with me (not even kidding :lol:). I plan to get a D90 or a D60 in another year or so.

Last edited:
Hi
Just got my D40 today and I agree, Its a cool bit of kit for me (a newbie).
I have a Minolta dimage z6 which even though was a good camera, i wanted the flexability of a changable lens.

Happy clicking

Glad your happy with it.

I see your already starting your wish list with your already known x-mas present. :D

Just remember for it to be a propper x-mas you need to get yourself a gift as well. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back