Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just ordered the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 USM IS to replace the flimsy piece of trash that is the standard kit lens. Got a UV and polarising filter on the order too. :mrgreen:

That's the one that I wanted....but I settled for the Tammy 17-50 instead.

have fun :D

Wait till you see how really improved the pics will turn out. Big smiles are coming your way!

It's a great lens. My only complaint is that you should get a little more build quality for the money we're talking about. It's priced like a L-lens but feels rather plastic. But the photos it takes are good and that's the most important thing. :)

Thats on my list of things to buy in the very near future. Have fun I'm jealous.

I have just learnt that my lens has arrived :) - all I have to do now is get back to the same country it was delivered to, but that doesn't happen until a week tomorrow. :(

Well I'm back in the UK now and have finally got my hands on it. What a BIG lens compared with my others! The thing weighs a ton. But I can already see the benefit of the IS, did a couple of hand held shots at 1/8 sec and they look as sharp as you like - on the 350D LCD that is. More things from this lens in the future I think. Kit lens you're history...

Better?

Prove it! (i.e. post some pictures taken with your new toy).

I just got the same lens a few weeks, and I love the IS and 2.8. The zoom isn't smooth - it sticks a little toward the wide end - but hopefully that will get better with time. I've already noticed it smoothing out with limited usage.

Most reactions

Back