Finally got my DSLR... Results.. C&C

Clancyz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally came today, first DSLR camera woop woop. Lacking much camera experience these are my first attempts. Be as harsh as possible please. And forgive me for posting 5 photos eek.

1) Statue in the yard
IMG_0041.jpg

2) Old fashioned headphones
IMG_0070.jpg

3) Cool stairs
IMG_0152.jpg

4) Lonely stuff
IMG_0240.jpg

5) Lovely charrd wood
IMG_0247.jpg

OH AND THIS IZ ME :)
IMG_0255.jpg

Last edited:
Great start and worth being critiqued.

1 - Statue seems overexposed. Lost the detail. Flash?

2 - I don't think it's sharp enough for a close up. Did you use a tripod and remote release?

3 - Interesting, but I like BW photos with more contrast - more dark things and more light things.

4 - Not interesting to me.

5 - Again, I would like more contrast. Great start for something, but I need more.

6 - Self portraits are an individual thing. Most of us aren't vain enough to simply want to see a picture of ourselves and are looking to say something. I think this one is saying, "I'm lovin' this camera." :)

These are certainly far better than my first efforts and note my signature below.

TF

i like #2 number one is just icky....would like it better perhaps u layed on the ground and looked up at her face....i have to agree self protraits are eh....but i really do like ur shot it looks good....the reflections and all good work....

Nah I didnt use a tribpod or anything. Thanks for the insight guys and gals.

I would really like #2 so much better if it had a deeper DoF, but these look sharp in general. I'm really jealous, I've been saving for a DSLR, and I'm fairly sure mine'll be ordered next month. Congrats sir!

non of them tickle my fancy but number threes. its got some biig potential.

I think the shots are great. If there was one type of photography I wish I was better at, it would definitely be artsy/abstract shots like these

u have any type of editing software? might wanna check into that as well

Downloaded the trial of Adope Photoshop, its a little... not confusing but just overwhelming. Im familiar with the basic program iPhoto, but idk which program to spend my money toward.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back