Finally Some Decent Crow Shots

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know what you're going to say, that these are of two snapping turtles I spotted this morning. Well the crows have you fooled too. Maybe to the average eye these are turtles, but to someone with true ornithological training like me, I see right through their disguise.

turtle1.jpg

Ready for flight

turtle2.jpg

Look at those Crow beady eyes

turtle3.jpg

turtle4.jpg

His mate comes to swarm me, I feel like I am in a Hitchcock movie.

turle5.jpg

turtle6.jpg

Look at the texture in that wing

turtle7.jpg

Just as I turned around one took off in flight. This shot will come in handy. I asked my boss for a bigger quarterly bonus, he said when trutles fly. Won't he be surprised.

turtle8.jpg

Ha ha ha!!! :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

This thread is hilarious! love the captions love the photos! They're amazingly sharp! Just like their beaks!!

(I think all in all, this is the funniest day on TPF I've seen yet.)

Canoncan man...just brilliant work my friend. You really had me ......I thought...this is it.. Great job on the flying crow. I saw one like that, years ago, when I was coming home from an all nighter. :+)
Excellent work!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh too..

ahhhh, the dreaded north american land crawler sometimes flying crow. i've seen these and are usually ones you can easily catch on film. discarded by most crow species, these reprobates keep to low vegetation and feed on trash and other slower moving unfortunates. the unhealthy diet enables their body to conform to other more familar animals, i.e, turtles, rats, and the like.

Bahahahahaha! You make me laugh! Great shots! That detail in the wing...are those parasites? Or part of the tur...um, crow?

core_17 said:
Bahahahahaha! You make me laugh! Great shots! That detail in the wing...are those parasites? Or part of the tur...um, crow?

They looked like slugs. I thought the first one was stuck at the side of the road, as she struggled to move. I ran to the car to grab something to pick her up in, as I lifted her I realized she had dug a hole and was laying eggs. I quickly put her down, so no egg photos, then the second one started to cross the road. I stood there for 30 minutes to make sure he did not get squashed, and he made it accross to his mate.
Thanks for the comments, hope you all enjoyed the humour.

canoncan....your the funniest thing....these are really great....the hitchcock reference made me bust out laughing....just cool as he**.....ok..am i the only one willing to ask what in the heck ornithological training is??? i couldnt even read it ..much less try to say it.....you gotta give...is that the study of turtles??(is that not shellshocked-gludious maximous??) or the study of crows.(wait thats, blackimus-featherupitus....)..maybe the study of ignorant southern chicks that question everything....?
(nope sorry, thats rebelignoramous training... my bad...)

so give... whats the word mean...?

aprilraven said:
canoncan....your the funniest thing....these are really great....the hitchcock reference made me bust out laughing....just cool as he**.....ok..am i the only one willing to ask what in the heck ornithological training is??? i couldnt even read it ..much less try to say it.....you gotta give...is that the study of turtles??(is that not shellshocked-gludious maximous??) or the study of crows.(wait thats, blackimus-featherupitus....)..maybe the study of ignorant southern chicks that question everything....?
(nope sorry, thats rebelignoramous training... my bad...)

so give... whats the word mean...?
Ornithology is the study of birds. An ornithologist is usually a biologist who is an expert on birds. A bird scientist so to speak. Thanks for the compliments.

terri said:
Nutter. :lol: Funny stuff!!!

Eh? Terri? What more can one say, hm?

But as always with Canoncan's photos, even those of the CROWS (--erm---) are perfect. Mostly so his crow-in-flight. They move a lot slower, these crows do, than ducks in flight, I guess. So easier to capture in a photo?

:biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back