Finally took my first crack at bugs

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CC very very welcome. Besides rings, I'm infant to the macro world :D

6238454516_d3b3160cbc_z.jpg

What a pretty one!!! She looks so beautiful on her special day, in that glorious backlighting! I hope you got some shots as the bridesmaids helped her with makeup and dressing. Are there any other shots, from a second shooter perhaps? Anything with her and her veil? Any garter toss shots? I hope nobody got drunk at the reception and fell down. Oh, wait,wait, wrong thread!!!

What a pretty one!!! She looks so beautiful on her special day, in that glorious backlighting! I hope you got some shots as the bridesmaids helped her with makeup and dressing. Are there any other shots, from a second shooter perhaps? Anything with her and her veil? Any garter toss shots? I hope nobody got drunk at the reception and fell down. Oh, wait,wait, wrong thread!!!

Well I think she's a single mom so no..no wedding today...:lol:

I like position of the two front pairs of legs and the angle - it's staring down at me! While I find the lighting rather harsh, I think the whole glowing/translucent spider effect is neat.

I like position of the two front pairs of legs and the angle - it's staring down at me! While I find the lighting rather harsh, I think the whole glowing/translucent spider effect is neat.

You know I find it a little tougher to control the lighting at this scale. I don't quite get the formula yet as I tried initially using OCF to kill the ambient and what ended up working was pure ambient with a reflector on a stand. Yeah I like the how the back lighting gave the legs the glow too but since I was shooting against the sun(camera right lower corner) gave the harsh light and a little bit of flare even with the hood on.

Thanks for those inputs!

You know I find it a little tougher to control the lighting at this scale.

Hint for flash.. use a diffuser... and then diffuse your diffuser! :)

I really like this and I actually love the harsh backlighting. I honestly wish their was more light from the front just to brighten the face up a bit. Great photo though.

You know I find it a little tougher to control the lighting at this scale.

Hint for flash.. use a diffuser... and then diffuse your diffuser! :)

Geez...I think I'm better of using a pocket flashlight :lol:

To me the challenge is getting the shadows I get with people and being able to control it(If that's even possible). So I'm assuming in addition to the diffuser, my lightsource would have to be way way smaller?!

I honestly wish their was more light from the front just to brighten the face up a bit.

I'd have to agree. Thanks Nates.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back