Find the snake.

John_Olexa

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The sheriffs department contacted me about a report of a Snake in a lady's yard.When I arrived I found a nice size Copperhead near her garage. After catching it, as always, I removed and relocated it out of harms way. After releasing it I took a few close ups for my book. As I was waking away I turned to look one more time and for a moment had a hard time seeing it! Thought this might be a good image to use as well. They sure do blend in nicely with the environment. :confused:

Viper eyes

Nature does know what it's doing!
Nice that it was relocated and hopefully lives long, not bothering any humans.
For next photo, try NOT putting it in the middle of photo, make us look for it :)
Hubby stepped right over a snake on a hike, and when I went to step behind him said, aaaahh, what is this curled up little beauty? He was surprised he did not even see it,
nice job, literally..
Nancy

Thanks ghostrider. This particular one is the Northern Copperhead.

I used to get called in my condo complex (florida), anytime someone found a snake, lol! We were on a small lake that had a small swamp on one end. Mostly racers and other non-venomous herpes... but occasionally a rattler, and even had a moccasin once. I would relocate them also.. to one of the local large parks (with the Rangers knowledge). Always thought it was funny how much people freak over our legless friends (although it is often not funny for the poor snake!)

Here in CO... while out hiking trails... I have seen people step right over rattlesnakes, and never know that they were there. I always move them off the trail to protect the snakes from macho morons, and to protect people so they don't step on one.

Glad to see you doing this type of work! :thumbup:!

Always thought it was funny how much people freak over our legless friends (although it is often not funny for the poor snake!)

Thanks, same to you for helping them as well!!
Yeah I know what you mean. Not to long ago a lady was telling me she once worked in a diner and one morning she heard a lot of noise from the front and when she walked out she saw her 2 male coworkers freaking out like a little girl at the site of a harmless Black Rat Snake. She told me both guys were like 6' and 200lbs and were almost standing on chairs! She just walked over picked it up took it out back and let it go. She told me she looked at those 2 guys and told them she will never be able to look at them again and keep a straight face. LOL!

Your second shot is giving me the chill, it has a scary look, nice pictures, of this copperhead. I prefer to see snakes in pictures than in reality.
But glad people are caring for them.

Thanks. I only had my 50-80 lens. So when I thought about this shot I had to get really to close. lying on my stomach I took one quick shot.. one! LOL. As long as I could see it's eye I felt safe, but still a Pretty stupid move on my part, but got away with it.

Most reactions

Back