Finding backdrops is giving me a headache...

Irishwake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I have Googled, searched and called and I just cannot for the life of me believe that the only place to get a certain type of background is from Backdrop Outlet.

Where do those of you that do portrait / fashion / glamour shots get your backdrops from? I see them all over the place in people's photos but I can never find anywhere other than the site above that actually sells them. I specifically like the colors for their diamond cloth backdrops.

This wouldn't actually be a big deal either except that I ordered one over two weeks ago and it's still sitting as "back ordered". I expected this from the numerous reviews I've read about them so I ordered something I didn't expect to use for awhile but the fact still remains that I'd like to be able to order flashy solid color backdrops and not wait a month for them to come in.

I guess I just need to head to a fabric store?

Okay I have Googled, searched and called and I just cannot for the life of me believe that the only place to get a certain type of background is from
And what type is that?

Where do those of you that do portrait / fashion / glamour shots get your backdrops from?
Denny Manufacturing - Denny Manufacturing Company

and Silverlake Photo Accessories - Muslin Backgrounds, Backdrops and Photography Studio Equipment by Silverlake*Photo*Accessories

when I don't use Savage seamless paper - Savage 107"

They have several I am looking for, thank you for linking those, still looking for a few other selections.

Okay I have Googled, searched and called and I just cannot for the life of me believe that the only place to get a certain type of background is from
And what type is that?

Heh, I knew someone was going to ask, I put it in my original post but not in the same paragraph. Diamond Cloth, found here. DIAMOND CLOTH-Backdrop Outlet.

I think the diamond cloth is exclusive to Backdrop outlet. It is a cheaper alternative to the high quality muslin and vinyl backdrops professionals use. They are actually very nice. A bit thin, but a great buy when you are on a budget.

I think the diamond cloth is exclusive to Backdrop outlet. It is a cheaper alternative to the high quality muslin and vinyl backdrops professionals use. They are actually very nice. A bit thin, but a great buy when you are on a budget.

I know it is, but for some reason they are the only company that (I've found) that sells the super bright pink / blue / red / purple backdrops I'm looking for in anything larger than a 5x6. I'm glad to hear your opinion that they are nice.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh ok, you are looking for those specific color backdrops. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I was thinking you were looking for another vendor for the diamond cloth in general. As far as the colors, paper might work. I'll do some looking around and post what I find. Is there a particular color you are looking for?

Not entirely, I was mainly just trying to find somewhere reliable to be able to order backdrops from. It seems for the most part that solid colors aren't as popular as the cloud / abstract colors that I see everywhere. I suppose seamless paper would be the way to go as I'm looking for backdrops that create a seamless blend from floor to ceiling. Any bright colors that "pop" will usually interest me. Thank you for helping out. :)

Edit: I guess KmH edited his post because that third link wasn't there the first time I clicked on it the other day. Savage has EXACTLY what I'm looking for and they have a dealer here in DC. Thank you KmH!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back