Fine Art Portrait - Young Woman

IMO, large expanse of bosom is way too obvious in this shot.

And that's a problem :greenpbl: ?

I like it, but then again I'm a guy :mrgreen:. No really when I first saw it and before I read the comments on the bosom issue, it wasn't that obvious to me andher face remains the main focus of attention as well as the very sharpy focused eyes. Nicely done. Although I wish the flower in her hand didn't look photoshopped.

It actually won an award in an art show in San Francisco last year.

San Francisco? Well.... that explains it. :wink:

Actually, I like the image just as it is. I wish I could see the print. I suspect that makes a difference. What size is it?

And.... I do realize you go by DigitalDiva, but I'll ask anyway. Is this a film image?

Good goin'!

-Pete

You are very creative!! Always a joy to see your images.

It is by no means invulnerable to criticism. Everyone has different opinions. Of course. I also appreciate anybody who is willing to share with me constructively what their views are.

The judges were a mix of ages both male and female. This girl has an ample bosom. It is part of who she is. It could be that the shape and lightness of them in the image draw the eye a bit too much. But then there are those who may appreciate that as it is a celebration of femininity and human spirit. This girl beat a gripping drug addiction that nearly killed her. Her father died suddenly when she was 16, which spiralled her into abusing herself with drugs and alcohol. I wanted to create this image of her so that she could always see that she can come back from the brink. Yeah. Deep stuff. But I like to know people before I shoot them in order to try to get across my idea of who they are at a certain period of their life. The flowers are repetitive for a reason. Those are the beauty that can come out of making the same mistake over and over..yet still being beautiful because eventually you conquer making that repeated mistake. Again, kind of deep but I can't help how I think and create. Even the fogging on the outer edges was a deep thought. Nobody else may get it...but me and my subject do. That's all that matters to me.

Pete, I'm all digital but have done a lot of traditional developing and printing, including 4x5. I was lucky enough to have studied printing from a guy who did a lot of printing for famous photographers during the 70s - present. He had been printing since the age of 8 and had been in the profession for over 40 years. I got a lot of great tips from him. The 72dpi resolution of the screen can't do a 300dpi print on a high-end Epson justice. I have printed this one at A1 -- 594 x 841 mm -- 23.4 x 33.1 in

Most reactions

Back