Fiona (with new photos added of the poster and ticket design)

It's fun to take pictures that aren't the greatest sometime, especially when the photo subject doesn't mind.

Well people of TPF, my first post here, and how strange it is that the subject matter (if only indirectly) is me .... yes ... I am that mad woman that LaFoto captured. There I am, despeately trying to motivate, inspire, coerce, or provoke, call it whatever you like, my pupils into some kind of reaction that we can then transpose into movement.... Well, that's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it!!!

Corinna has been working with us for a few weeks now and it has been wonderful! I deeply admire her powers of observation, her attention to detail, her talent to make the best out of a less than ideal situation (for photographers anyway) and her ability to ingore the constant din in the studio (musical repetitions,LOTS of chatty students ) and most of all, my mad choreographic ramblings! I admire her wonderful good nature and cheerfulness. It is infectious!

Enough!

I gave LaFoto full permission to post that pic here .... perhaps some people will be surprized to discover that creating a "dance" is not always so serious or elite as it is often portrayed.....

Enjoy the pic.... I know my students will!!!! hi hi hi.... ;)

Cool shot. The solid circles sort of add a Mickey Mouse effect.

FIONA!
You have actually joined TPF only to say all those nice things that you do say in your post? Oh :hug:: :hug:: :hug:: !!!

Does that mean that you share my feeling that this photo could become a best-seller as soon as we'll have set up the show? ;) Something tells me it might! :biggrin:

And I'll have the version printed that here is in black&white.

Well people of TPF, my first post here, and how strange it is that the subject matter (if only indirectly) is me .... yes ... I am that mad woman that LaFoto captured. There I am, despeately trying to motivate, inspire, coerce, or provoke, call it whatever you like, my pupils into some kind of reaction that we can then transpose into movement.... Well, that's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it!!!

Corinna has been working with us for a few weeks now and it has been wonderful! I deeply admire her powers of observation, her attention to detail, her talent to make the best out of a less than ideal situation (for photographers anyway) and her ability to ingore the constant din in the studio (musical repetitions,LOTS of chatty students ) and most of all, my mad choreographic ramblings! I admire her wonderful good nature and cheerfulness. It is infectious!

Enough!

I gave LaFoto full permission to post that pic here .... perhaps some people will be surprized to discover that creating a "dance" is not always so serious or elite as it is often portrayed.....

Enjoy the pic.... I know my students will!!!! hi hi hi.... ;)
Welcome to TPF, Fiona! :)

I must say....in viewing all the various versions of this image, that I don't think you look like a madwoman at all....more like a very enthusiastic and dedicated teacher of dance. Which is always wonderful to see!

I hope you visit us often! (You will see that we view Corinna the same way you do.) ;)

Hello to all!

Many thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I have been "lurking" in the background here for a while and I am constantly impressed by the diversity of talent I see here. The healthy amount of constructive critique and support appears to be well accepted. Wonderful!

@terri.Thank you! I try my best and truely believe that setting an example is the best way to "reach" my pupils. However, the pic that LaFoto posted here may be the exception to the rule! (Only joking!) IMO, the "fun" element in class should never be forgotten ... and being British in Germany, my humour sometimes causes shaking of heads. But laughing together is the best ice breaker! And dancing together even more so ....

Although I am not even a hobby photographer, I really enjoy coming here. There are lots of things to learn and I am definately looking at photography from a different viewpoint these days.

Keep up the good works guys!!!!

Best wishes,

Fiona.

This is nice, I break the rules of photography all the time. In fact I have a book by Bryan Peterson, he talks about going beyond the rules to capture images like this. I say great job, keep it up.

Thanks Tyson, here - in addition to my thread on Fiona's funny photo - the poster she made out of a selection of my pics taken during the rehearsals (I might post some more of those soon, too, if you are interested?), so I should point out that while all the photos showing are mine, the design of the poster plus the conversion into b&w is hers (flofrog's)!!!!

The poster (to be displayed in shop windows and so on to inform people on the show and invite them to come):

poster7small.jpg

The design for the tickets for the 6.30 p.m and for the 8 p.m. performance:

karte1830copysmll.jpg

karte2000copysmll.jpg

That is a fun shot, Corinna. I think I like the color one better, though.

As for the ones Fiona picked, I epecially like the compostion of the one with the girls who look like they are doing push-ups.

How exciting for you! Can't wait to see more.:wink:

Heya SHEILA!
Thanks for coming and looking! :D

Interestingly enough, the one that looks like the girls are doing push-ups (they were to express "grasshopper" in that particular instance of the dance, or at least THINK "grasshopper" to visualise this particular figure) was one of the first to appeal to Fiona herself quite much, too. Must be the shallow DOF, maybe?

The reason why my name is mentioned in connection with "Fotografien" on the poster and the tickets is not that I took the photos during the rehearsals but more so because the "stage" background will be a large screen (6m x 4.5m) onto which - going with the interpretation and choreography of the music "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff (of which ALL OF YOU know the "O fortuna"-theme, I am SURE!) - a selection of my nature photography will be projected. I find that very exciting!

That made for a good smile for me. Thanx

karte2000copysmll.jpg

Hey...Cori....this one is pretty good in such context!
The pose and the tone is great!

And...I think I like BnW more than the Color one!

Hey, those posters and pics really tempt me to "see" Carmina Burana for the first time (having sung and listened to it quite a bit in my lifetime...)!

Not to mention seeing "that tongue" for real, maybe?

Great pics, photographer Corinna... ! :-D

Most reactions

Back