Fire and water - Does this work?

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really wanted this one to work but not sure if it did. Some things I like and some I don't. I took this shot in the morning and it looked pretty cool with the dew on it. A thousand little dew drops all over. Couldn't find one with the flowers opened but still thought it would be nice.

Well I first looked at the photo months ago and I was just going to scrap it. The background was ugly and busy. Yesterday came across it again and tried to salvage it. I brushed out the the background since it was crap but in doing so I lost some of the very thin strands on the side so looks like the dew drops are just floating or spraying out from the side.

The water drops on the buds came out well but the other little ones, where I thought would look neat, maybe looks to busy?

Let me know what you think. I also have pics with the stem cropped out but didn't hink it worked as well.

***Edit*** final edit can be found here.
Fire and water - Does this work?

1. Accurate WB
Orange Hieracium with morning dew - Edit 2 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

2. Cooler WB
Orange Hieracium with morning dew - Edit 1 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think they look cool. Very unusual

Nice. Have you tried combining the two? Take the orange part of #1 and the rest of #2. I think that it would pop a little more this way.

Nice. Have you tried combining the two? Take the orange part of #1 and the rest of #2. I think that it would pop a little more this way.

Thanks. I think your right, I'll give it a try tonight. Maybe even keep the green the same as #1 as well and just have the dew drops like in #2.

I don't mind the green. I was flipping back and forth in flickr looking at them and thought it would be a nicer contrast with the orange and the blue.

#1. creepy.

I like the colors and the concept on this. It seems a bit overly sharp on the drops. They sort of glow - or is that a flash reflection?

I like the colors and the concept on this. It seems a bit overly sharp on the drops. They sort of glow - or is that a flash reflection?

Yes, I used a flash. But may be a little sharp as well. I'll see what I can do when I edit tonight.

Ok I did what I could to keep the orange flowers and just bring in the blue to the drops. I think I am at the limits of my editing ability and, although I don't mind this final edit, I wonder if it was worth my time considering the initial image.

Orange Hieracium with morning dew - Final edit? by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Just to show you what the original was like.

pa090077-27-jpg.151756

Attachments

• PA090077-27.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
Actually the more I look at it the more I actually like it. Quite happy with it. Thanks @ronlane for your suggestion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back