Fire Training - Pic heavy

@Soocom1 two things we repeatedly stress is the temperature differential in a burning room could easily exceed a thousand degrees between the floor and ceiling, so staying low is a must. The other thing, is that you always need to be prepared and follow training. The trailer is outfitted with some elaborate simulation devices, one of which is a flash over (The point where unburned particles in the smoke will instantaneously ignite). They were having problems with it and it was supposed to be locked out. The assistant chief had stood to observe trainees when the guy controlling the trailer accidentally hit the wrong button, sending flame shooting across the top of the trailer. Fortunately it isn't as hot as a real flash over, but still hot enough to melt the top of his helmet and teach him a lesson he won't forget.

@Soocom1 two things we repeatedly stress is the temperature differential in a burning room could easily exceed a thousand degrees between the floor and ceiling, so staying low is a must. The other thing, is that you always need to be prepared and follow training. The trailer is outfitted with some elaborate simulation devices, one of which is a flash over (The point where unburned particles in the smoke will instantaneously ignite). They were having problems with it and it was supposed to be locked out. The assistant chief had stood to observe trainees when the guy controlling the trailer accidentally hit the wrong button, sending flame shooting across the top of the trailer. Fortunately it isn't as hot as a real flash over, but still hot enough to melt the top of his helmet and teach him a lesson he won't forget.
Indeed.

If you saw the pics of the Hummer A painful goodby to old souls pic heavy

I was about 40-50 feet while that thing cooked.
The heat was intense and the trees (being old cottonwood) and NOT in a confined area, lit up with little effort.

I shot pics of an apartment fire in 1993 that were under construction. The heat was so high, that i was over 600+ feet from the fire and was getting too hot to get near.
So the guys who put that one out I can understand a tiny aspect of what they do every day.

LOTS of respect to them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back