Firefly Beauty Box by Aurora

unique vision

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I am new to the forums! I am looking for some opinions on this beauty box, I want it mainly for up close portrait work. I have the sb-600 for reference, I'll be firing it by cyber syncs.'

anyone have any use with this particular kit?

Or shold I be looking into this kit - Westcott 28" APOLLO w/8' STAND & BRACKET KIT 2331 - B&H

Best Regards
Dane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have one and I like it a lot. The quality is great. Easy to setup.

Here is my review: Aurora Firefly Octabox

aurora-firefly-beauty-box-sample-portrait-close-up.jpg
aurora-firefly-beauty-box-catchlight-example.jpg

1. This guy's English is obnoxious
2. I hate it when people say things like, "It has the light qualities of a much larger softbox." No. It's doesn't. Not unless they've found a way to alter physics.
3. I think it's weird that they would have the reflective disk glued to the inside of the shoot through part, which would basically allow no light through the canter, not only giving it a ring shaped catch light, but also giving it much different properties than a regular octabox. I think it would have worked much better with a beauty dish style relector inside the box, but still having the whole surface be shoot through.

I do have one and I like it a lot. The quality is great. Easy to setup.

Here is my review: Aurora Firefly Octabox

aurora-firefly-beauty-box-sample-portrait-close-up.jpg
aurora-firefly-beauty-box-catchlight-example.jpg

This light is a lot punchier than I would have expected. It has the contrast and specular qualities of a silver umbrella or a beauty dish, and I would not have guessed a soft box if just shown the picture and asked. Not that that is bad, just not what I would have expected.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back