Fireplace and General questions...

acstewart85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't have a fireplace anywhere but at my grandmothers and the fire was burning kind of pretty so here is what I came up with (SOOC)... C&C is appreciated.
1.)
IMG_0036.jpg

2)
IMG_0039.jpg

3)
IMG_0038.jpg

A couple of questions I had about this situation:

Will a faster shutter speed result in more detailed flames? What settings would be more appropriate for this type of photo? I sound like a complete dumba$$ I know, and I apologize but just browsing and reading your responses to other's questions has helped quite a bit.

My last question is, you all say to shoot in RAW, are there any good resources about the PP of the images... What do I save them as after I have the WB, etc. the way I want it? If I wanted to post a RAW image here for help in PP how do I do that. I tried to the other day but when I tried to upload to photobucket and flickr the folder opened and the photos were not showing up as an option and there was no other file type option in the drop down box.

Thanks in advance if you made it to the end of my airheadedness...

Faster shutter speed will freeze the action and give a more defined flame, if that is the effect you are going for.

This_series_of_mine might also help you understand how to set the camera for which outcome, I think I put the settings into the frames around the pics. A very fast shutter speed will give you the image of flames as your eyes will never see them! Such detail!

Flames are moving objects that should be taken at 1/200 faster. You will not be able to post RAW images as they are too large, you need to do your adjustments then same as tiff or jpeg. To post here most resize their images down for web display and quicker load times. Read "how to post" thread at beginning of main page. Keep shooting.

What do you do with the RAW version once finished with PP?

Most reactions

Back