Firestarter

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys and girls. I have not had much time to post so here goes. Went to a medieval festival yesterday and took a few shots of the fire eaters/blowers. They put on a great show. Was the 1st time I tried photographing them and I think they came out okish. In hind sight I should probably have lowered my iso, or closed my aperture a little more. C&C always welcome, and some tips on how to shoot these better next time.

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

Last edited:
On the contrary, if you're looking to get more detail in the fire you'd want to bump your iso and increase your shutter speed.
Well seeing I was maxed out with both ISO and ss, I probably would have had to close my aperture...

Good shots of fire. I wish the guy was a little brighter, though. I find him more fascinating than the fire. :smile:

On the contrary, if you're looking to get more detail in the fire you'd want to bump your iso and increase your shutter speed.
Well seeing I was maxed out with both ISO and ss, I probably would have had to close my aperture...

Ah. Well that's unfortunate. I'm not sure what closing the aperture would get you, your DOF seems fine, and the fire is properly exposed.

Good shots of fire. I wish the guy was a little brighter, though. I find him more fascinating than the fire. :smile:
Thanks, I can try and bring the shadows up in post, but with it being pretty underexposed at high ISO (for my camera), I don't think I would be able to get it fixed (at least not with my post processing skills-lol).

Most reactions

Back