Fireworks...not for 56k...

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We went to "Riverfest" this weekend, which is some huge gathering on the Ohio river where Ohio and Kentucky compete in a fireworks show...supposedly its the largest fireworks show in the United States (for labor day). Anyway, it was truly amazing, except dealing with the 500,000 people that were there (seriously). I managed to get quite a few pictures, dispite being covered with ash and debris. Here are a few of my favorites. Feel free to critique these, this was basically my first time taking pictures of real fireworks. I used apertures of about f11 - f16, and shutter speeds of around 4-6 sec. ISO 200 i think. Canon 10D and Canon 24-85 EF USM 3.5-4.5 on my Bogen tripod :)

Fireworks9.jpg

Fireworks8.jpg

Fireworks6.jpg

Fireworks7.jpg

Fireworks5.jpg

Fireworks4.jpg

Fireworks3.jpg

Fireworks2.jpg

Fireworks1.jpg

wow - i mean, WOW!!! that 6th picture is just brilliant!

nice shots, i love photos of fireworks, the first, last, and the bridge shots are my favs...

Wow, that bridge one is amazing...it literally made me jump forward in my chair to look at it more closely.

Killer shots. Everyone of these is just amazing. I have to agree with everyone else on the 6th shot. WOW!

Why is it that we like the bridge shot so much? Is it because the bridge is kind of just very solid...or is it the diagonal lines vectoring the shot? Or is it the clouds of smoke drifting by...?

Excellent shots - The bridge shot is wonderful. I think I like it because of the perspective and diagonal lines vectoring the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back